Deadline: March 15, 2017
Moremi Initiative for Women’s Leadership in Africa (Moremi Initiative) is pleased to announce its annual call for applications for the Moremi Initiative Leadership Empowerment and Development (MILEAD) Fellows Program – to identify Africa’s most outstanding emerging women leaders.
The MILEAD Fellows Program is a long-term leadership development program designed to identify, develop and promote emerging young African female leaders to attain and thrive in leadership in their communities and Africa as a whole. The program targets dynamic young women interested in developing transformational leadership skills that help them address issues facing women and girls across communities in Africa.
Please note that this one year program is not a full-time fellowship. Selected candidates may remain full time students or work full time for the program duration, except during the 3–week summer institute. The 3-week summer institute is an intensive and full-time residential program and all fellows will be required to attend. The rest of the program involves community-based, online and other distance activities.
To participate, a candidate must:
- Be a young African woman – between 19 and 25 years of age;
- Demonstrate exceptional leadership potential and promise;
- Show track record of service to the community;
- Demonstrate high academic potential;
- Have a working knowledge of the English language;
- Have outstanding personal qualities, including openness to interpersonal and multicultural experiences.
Completed application forms must be submitted along with a CV and two recommendation letters. All applications and supporting documents must be submitted via email: [email protected] and [email protected]
For more information, visit MILEAD Fellows Program.