British Council Nigeria/IATC Young Critics Programme 2017
Deadline: January 26, 2017
British Council Nigeria in partnership with the International Association of Theatre Critics (IATC) and Guardian Newspapers Nigeria has developed a Young Critics Programme as part of Lagos Theatre Festival. In 2017, the programme will train and mentor twenty (20) young writers and journalists in theatre criticism. The 20 participants trained will subsequently be inducted into IATC.
The 2017 workshop will hold from March 1 – 4, 2017 alongside Lagos Theatre Festival. The workshop will include classroom teaching from IATC members from Europe and Nigeria and fieldwork in the form of review writing by the participants during the festival with mentoring from the IATC facilitators. The training will be certified by IATC.
- Participants within Lagos will get a daily transport stipend of N2, 500 per day; participants from outside Lagos will be put in accommodation provided by British Council and transported to the workshop venue each day;
- Lunch and dinner will be provided for all participants during the workshop period.
- Have demonstrated interest in the performing arts or have experience working as a journalist;
- Be aged between 18 – 35 years of age;
- Reside in Nigeria or any country in West Africa;
- Preference shall be given to applicants with some experience in theatre criticism or journalism.
Selected applicants will be notified by February 1, 2017
For more information, visit British Council Nigeria Young Critics Programme.