DAAD Postdoctoral Researchers International Mobility Experience 2017
Deadline: May 15, 2017
In 2014 the German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD) initiated the P.R.I.M.E. programme to support the international mobility of postdoctoral researchers by temporary positions at German universities in place of conventional fellowships. The programme has been funded by the German Federal Ministry of Education and Research (BMBF) and the European Union (EU).
The support is provided for 18 months, of which the first 12 months have to be spent abroad and the remaining six months in Germany. Successful applicants will be invited to an information seminar before the start of the fellowship, together with current fellows, alumni and representatives from science and business. The seminar will presumably take place in Bonn on November 19-21, 2017.
- Funding is provided through an 18-month temporary job position at the selected German university. The position will be remunerated according to the appropriate rate for postdoctoral researchers at the respective university (usually according to the German pay scale “TV-L E13”). DAAD will provide the respective universities with a grant agreement to cover the costs for the regular salary and an additional expatriate allowance for the 12-month research stay abroad;
- An additional lump sum travel allowance in accordance with DAAD rates for the selected candidate and accompanying spouse or partner (within the meaning of the German law on civil partnerships) and children will be paid directly by DAAD;
- Applicants are asked to save the date but not to make any travel arrangements before receiving a letter of acceptance.
- Open to Postdoctoral researchers of all nationalities, who see their long-term career perspectives in Germany.
- Go to the application portal;
- Fill in Fachrichtung (subject of your research), Zielland (country of the period abroad) and Status “Promovierte” (position), and select the programme;
- Please mind the instructions on registering on the portal, choose English as portal language, activate, if necessary, the compatibility view of your browser and choose English as browser language;
- See the list of application materials.
For more information, see FAQ or visit DAAD Postdoctoral Researchers International Mobility Experience.