2017 Student Essay Contest & Global Youth Forum (Win an All-expense Paid Trip to Boston & New York City)
Deadline: March 16, 2017
ELS and the United Nations Academic Impact are pleased to sponsor the fourth Many Languages, One World® Student Essay Contest and Global Youth Forum. This year welcomes Northeastern University as the host of the Many Languages, One World Global Youth Forum and the sponsor and organizer of the Northeastern University Global Youth Conference.
Sixty winners will be selected as delegates to the 2017 Many Languages, One World Global Youth Forum, where they will create action plans related to the United Nations 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development in one of the six official languages of the United Nations.
Eligibility & Entry Guidelines
To be eligible, you:
- must be a full-time university student, referred and endorsed by a faculty member or university representative, and
- must be 18 years of age or older by the contest deadline.
To qualify, essays must be written in an official language of the United Nations that is neither your first language (language(s) spoken at home) nor the medium of instruction in either your primary or secondary education (or a medium of instruction if attending a bilingual school).
- ELS Educational Services, Inc. will award each winner with an all-expense paid trip to Boston and New York City between 15-26, July 2017.
- At the Global Youth Forum, the students will create action plans addressing selected topics from the Sustainable Development Agenda, and will present their views at United Nations Headquarters in New York City. These international delegates will also have the opportunity to interact with invited international scholars and tour Boston and New York City.
How To Enter
Write an original essay (2,000 words or less) discussing global citizenship and cultural understanding, and the role that multilingual ability can play in fostering these. The essay should reflect your personal, academic, cultural and national context.
- Write your essay according to the Official Contest Rules and Essay Guidelines.
- A faculty member or authorized representative from your college or university must recommend you for participation in the contest by completing and submitting the faculty referral form on the contest website.
E-mail inquiries to email@example.com
For more information, visit Many Languages One World Essay Contest