MasterCard Foundation at RUFORUM Scholarship Award 2017/2018
Deadline: March 15, 2017
The Regional Universities Forum for Capacity Building in Agriculture (RUFORUM) in partnership with The MasterCard Foundation, Gulu University and Egerton University are implementing an eight year program aimed at transforming African agricultural universities and their graduates to better respond to developmental challenges through enhanced application of science, technology, business and innovation for rural agricultural transformation.
This is eight year program (2016-2024) and will be supporting students that are economically disadvantaged, those from post-conflict and conflict affected areas of Africa. Interested applicants will undertake their training at Gulu University and Egerton University.
- Scholarship covers tuition fees, one return air ticket for African students from outside Uganda and Kenya, research costs, workshop and conference costs, living expenses including stipend and hostel, laptop, internship attachment, community engagement and field attachment, and entrepreneurship training;
- Consequently, considering the level of investment, successful applicants will be required to become high achievers, highly engaging and focused students/graduates and change makers in their communities and Africa is general.
The RUFORUM Technical Committee (RTC) has identified the following priority programs for the academic year 2017/2018 as eligible for application and to be supported
- Bachelor of Science in Agri-Entrepreneurship and Communication Management;
- Bachelor of Science in Food and Agribusiness;
- Master of Science in Food Security and Community Nutrition;
- Master of Science in Agri-Enterprises Development
- Bachelor of Science in Agriculture;
- Bachelor of Science in Animal Science;
- Master of Science in Community Studies and Extension;
- Master of Science in Agri-Enterprise Development
- Open to African students of all race, colour, dissent and who in particular are economically disadvantaged and those coming from conflict and post-conflict areas of Africa;
- The applicant has to be in position to qualify for admission into undergraduate and/or postgraduate programs at Gulu University and/or Egerton University;
- Students already having a scholarship of any kind are not eligible to benefit from this scholarship opportunity. Anyone with a double scholarship if found will automatically be discontinued.
For application and more information, visit RUFORUM Scholarships.