Lane Kirkland Scholarship Program For Young Leaders 2017/18- Poland (Fully-funded)
Deadline: March 1, 2017
Applications for the Lane Kirkland scholarship program is now open. The scholarship program is open to young leaders with higher education who are interested in the development of democracy, economy and civil society in their countries and in the region. The Program is realized in the form of a two-semester project course with Polish universities and at least 2-week professional internships with public or private institutions.
The candidates who are planning to return to their countries of origin after the scholarship program for the purpose of implementing the newly acquired knowledge therein are welcome to submit their applications.
Eligible fields of study
- Economics and management
- Administration / management (business, NGO, culture, environmental protection, health care, education)
- Public administration (government and local government)
- Social science (social psychology, sociology)
- Political science and international relations
- Development policy
Diploma thesis shall be of theoretical or practical character (in the latter case theoretical introduction will still be required).
- Citizenship and permanent residence in one of the targeted countries (holders of permanent residence card in Poland are ineligible): Ukraine, Belarus, Russia, Moldova, Georgia, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Kazakhstan and Kyrgyz Republic
- In the 2017/2018 academic year the Kirkland Program is addressed to the following persons:
- experts, politicians, employees at government and local government institutions
- entrepreneurs and managers
- leaders of non-governmental organizations, cultural organizers and promoters of active citizenship
- academic teachers
- Must have Master’s degree
- Up to 35 years of age (in special cases up to 40)
- Professional experience of at least 2 years
- Polish language proficiency adequate to effectively attend lectures and seminars as well as to prepare a diploma project. During the interview candidates are required to speak Polish at least at the B1 level.
- An option to study in English is possible for candidates only from outside Ukraine and Belarus (obligatory is B1 level of English) who select a specific study program with English as the language of instruction (in such cases, at least A1 level of Polish is required).
Strong preference for
- Candidates actively working in their professional and social fields
- Candidates who have significant achievements
- Candidates who have not studied in Poland before
- Monthly stipend paid to Kirkland grantees in Polish currency: about 1800 PLN.
- In addition, the scholarship covers the following costs:
- university fees;
- one return ticket to Poland;
- public transportation tickets;
- purchase of materials and
- teaching aid
How to Apply
The application form is available at:http://www.kirkland.edu.pl/en/appform
Application forms should be filled out online. APPLICATION FORM
After the on-line application is completed, the system will generate a confirmation document that needs to be printed. The signed document should then be sent to the Program Office by regular mail with the candidate’s current photograph attached thereto. (Address: Al. Jerozolimskie 133, m. 56, 02-304 Warsaw, Poland).
- On-line application form (correctly completed)
- Two letters of recommendation (Polish and English template) sent via e-mail to: email@example.com
- Scan of Master’s or Specialist’s diploma (plus a scan of PhD diploma, if applicable) sent via e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information, visit Kirkland Scholarship Program