Deadline: February 3, 2017
DOT Uganda is seeking for applications from qualified young people engaged in enterprises geared towards transforming the community to take part in its Social Enterprise Competition. They are interested in transforming ideas into positive community solutions. During the competition youth will receive cutting-edge coaching and mentoring support to develop their own innovative social business that solves a need in their community.
- The final 6 best selected ideas will be pitched at the DOT Global Conference in Kigali, Rwanda in May 2017. Selected participants will receive both financial and non-financial support to test and implement their ideas.
- Be between 18 – 29 years at the time of application;
- Be a citizen of Uganda or resident in Uganda;
- Have an innovative solution to a community problem which is at the early ideation stage. (If you have been thinking through an idea which has a social impact, then you can apply);
- Be committed and available throughout the programme to attend trainings and workshops.
- You can apply as an individual or a team of not more than 3.
- Take time to research what a social business or social enterprise is, and to clarify your business idea;
- Fill in the online application form.
- Only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted;
- Successful applicants will be notified by February 15, 2017;
- If selected, you will be required to attend a compulsory meet up with all the other selected participants on February 20, 2017.
For more information, visit DOT Uganda Social Enterprise Competition.