Deadline: November 15, 2017
The United Nations in its desire to promote the highest standard of excellence in political cartoons depicting the spirit of the United Nations has established this annual political cartoon award given in the international field, and named the award after political cartoonist Ranan Lurie. They have named this award after Mr. Lurie, as they find that his political cartoons epitomize the high standards that the United Nations would like to see.
Thirteen Awards will be granted:
- First Prize $10,000.00
- Second Prize 5,000.00
- Third Prize 3,000.00
- Ten Honorable Mentions in the form of plaques.
- Entries for these awards may be made by any professional individual, and should consist of political cartoons printed in any publication published anywhere, in any language;
- The entry must consist of reproductions only. The cartoon reproductions will be accepted only as published, with name of publication, language, and date included, accompanied by a newspaper reprint, and translated into English;
- Exhibits are limited to two cartoons per person;
- Reproductions must be presented measuring no larger than 8,5 x 11 inches. Envelopes larger than 8,5 x 11,5 inches and that are thicker than one eighth of one inch will not be opened, and their entries shall not participate in the competition;
- The entries should be sent in soft envelopes, easy to open;
- The Committee requires that all entries conform to the stated limits and sizes before it can be given any jury consideration;
- All exhibits should include a biography of no more than 75 words long, be written in clear English, and a picture of the entrant.
For moe information, visit United Nations/Ranan Lurie Political Cartoon Awards.