Momentum for Change Awards 2017 (Win a Trip to UN Climate Change Conference in Bonn)
Deadline: April 9, 2017
The search for Momentum for Change’s 2017 Lighthouse Activities is on! Spearheaded by the United Nations Climate Change Secretariat, Momentum for Change shines a light on the most innovative, scalable and replicable examples of what people around the world are doing to tackle climate change.
The 2017 Momentum for Change Lighthouse Activities will recognize climate action that is already achieving real results in five categories:
- Women for Results: recognizing the critical leadership and participation of women in addressing climate change, implemented in collaboration with Masdar’s WiSER initiative;
- Financing for Climate Friendly Investment: recognizing successful financial innovations for adaptation and climate mitigation, implemented in partnership with the World Economic Forum Global Project on Climate Change;
- ICT Solutions: recognizing successful climate change activities in the field of information and communications technology. This focus area is implemented in partnership with the Global e-Sustainability Initiative;
- Planetary Health: recognizing novel solutions that balance the need for both human health and a healthy planet, implemented with support by The Rockefeller Foundation;
- Climate Neutral Now: recognizing efforts by individuals, companies and governments that are achieving real results in transitioning to climate neutrality, implemented with the secretariat’s Climate Neutral Now initiative.
If your project is selected as a winning activity, you will receive a wide range of benefits:
- Fully covered attendance to the 2017 UN Climate Change Conference in Bonn, Germany;
- Access to policy makers and potential funders during the conference;
- Public recognition by the UN Climate Change secretariat;
- Public relations support and media training; marketing materials, including promotional videos and podcasts;
- A dedicated page about your project on the UN Climate Change secretariat website; and
- Graphic assets such as infographics and professional photography.
- Open to organizations, communities, cities, businesses, governments and others that are taking concrete action on climate change.
To start a new application, register in the online application portal. It will take at least an hour to complete an application but you can save your progress at any time and work on it at your convenience. Completed applications must be submitted by midnight GMT on April 9, 2017.
For more information, visit Momentum for Change Awards.