Ashoka ChangemakerXchange Summit in Dubai, UAE 2017 (Fully-funded)
Deadline: February 19, 2017
Applications are now open for the 2017 Ashoka Changemaker exchange in Dubai, UAE co-created with and supported by Robert Bosch Stiftung. The ChangemakerXchange is a global collaboration platform for young social innovators. It gathers some of the world’s most exciting changemakers at impact retreats in beautiful spaces around the world for the exchange and co-creation of ideas.
The summit will take place from Wednesday, 26th April 2017 evening until Sunday, 30th April 2017 morning and participants must be able to attend all days. The aim of the summit is to build a cross-sectoral network of changemakers that work together to address the societal issues they see being most present in a collaborative manner. Participants will be given the chance to create cross-sector / cross-border collaborations.
Cost and Benefits
ChangemakerXchange covers your travel costs to/from Dubai as well as all of the conference costs for all four nights and five days (including hotel accommodation, inner city travel, food, entrance fees, etc.). However, they will ask you to cover your own visa costs, as well as transportation from Dubai airport to the chosen venue on your arrival date.
Open to changemakers from MENA and Pakistan. Applicants for ChangemakerXchange:
- Must be aged between 18 and 30. Please note a limited number of three places is available for 29- and 30-year-old applicants.
- Should lead, co-lead, have founded or co-founded their own social venture which is up and running and addresses a relevant social problem. We are unable to accept applicants with an idea only or who are volunteering for an organisation.
- Must have a good level of English that enables them to understand, present, and collaborate throughout the summit.
- Should have the skills and know-how to be part of a special community of collaborative young social entrepreneurs and be willing to play an active role within this community.
- Must come from Bahrain, Egypt, Iran, Iraq, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Oman, Pakistan, Palestine, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Syria, United Arab Emirates, or Yemen.
- To apply, go to Dubai summit.
- Please note: You may want to draft your application in a Word file before filling out the form as it does unfortunately not allow you to save your progress.
For more information, visit Ashoka ChangemakerXchange.