Ashoka ChangemakerXchange Summit in Singapore and Malaysia 2017 (Fully-funded)
Deadline: February 28, 2017
Applications are now open for the 2017 ChangemakerXchange Summit in Singapore and Malaysia. The Ashoka Changemaker exchange co-created with and supported by Robert Bosch Stiftung is a global collaboration platform for young social innovators. It gathers some of the world’s most exciting changemakers at impact retreats in beautiful spaces around the world for the exchange and co-creation of ideas.
The summit will take place from May 17th to May 21st and participants must be able to attend all days. This edition of ChangemakerXchange summit is the first of three retreats hosted across Southeast Asia which will gather participants from South Korea, Japan, Malaysia, Indonesia, Vietnam, the Philippines, Thailand, Singapore, China, and India. Our aim is to engage young social entrepreneurs and changemakers from the region who are creating positive social impact within their communities.
Cost and Benefits
ChangemakerXchange covers 100% of travel costs and conference costs for all 4 nights and 5 days (including flights, hotel accommodation, local transport, food, and more). However, any participants requiring a visa to enter the country must cover the cost on their own. If you are unable to cover the cost of your visa, please reach out to [email protected] and they may be able to provide a stipend.
Open to changemakers from Asia. Applicants for ChangemakerXchange:
- must be between 18 to 30 years old (a limited number of 3 places is available for 29 and 30 year old applicants)
- should lead, co-lead, have founded or co-founded their own social venture which is up and running and addresses a relevant social problem (an idea or volunteering for an organization is unfortunately not enough)
- must speak English well enough to understand and make presentations in English and participate in discussions
- should have the skills and know-how to be part of a special community of collaborative young social entrepreneurs and be willing to play an active role in this community
- must come from South Korea, Japan, Malaysia, Indonesia, Vietnam, the Philippines, Thailand, Singapore, China, or India
- To apply, go to Singapore-Malaysia summit.
- Please note: You may want to draft your application in a Word file before filling out the form as it does unfortunately not allow you to save your progress.
For more information, visit Ashoka ChangemakerXchange.