Call For Mentees- The Global Ambassadors Program 2017
Deadline: February 28, 2017
Vital Voices in conjunction with Bank of America invites applications for the 2017 Global Ambassadors Program which connects extraordinary women leaders to a unique mentorship opportunity, including one-on-one mentoring sessions and strategic workshops focused on building organizational management, financial acumen and leadership skills.
This opportunity was launched to advance women’s economic empowerment through leadership development and skills-building.
The Global Ambassadors Program being held in Charlotte, North Carolina (May 8 – 12, 2017) will address the ongoing needs and challenges facing women leaders engaged in the private sector from specific counties in North and South Carolina in the United States, as well from countries around the world, and will underscore the critical function that women can and must play in moving local economies forward and highlight the role of women as drivers of innovation and socio-economic growth
The Global Ambassadors Program will bring together between eight to twelve women leaders (mentees) from business, social enterprise or non-governmental organizations (NGOs) around the world to work with a cohort of Global Ambassadors, established women executives from a range of sectors and organizations, on the challenges facing mentees and their organizations. The mentees are at a tipping point in their professional, organizational and leadership paths.
Mentoring Sessions are designed to offer opportunities for coaching and skills-development, from strategic planning to building a stronger balance sheet.
Mentees will be women leaders who are private entrepreneurs leading small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs).
Mentee eligibility by geography:
- United States – North Carolina Counties of Cabarrus, Gaston, Iredell, Lincoln, Mecklenburg, Rowan, Union
- United States – South Carolina Counties of Chester, Lancaster, York
- All other countries outside of the US
Mentee/Applicant Selection Criteria:
- Mentees must be able to converse and present fluently in English.
- Applicants must have the capacity to take advantage of a senior executive as a mentor (i.e. must be able to develop and implement strategic plans, marketing strategy or business plans).
- Applicants must have a minimum of 10-20 years of experience in a professional setting.
- The applicant must have worked in her existing enterprise / organization for at least 5-7 years.
- The applicant’s enterprise / organization should have a minimum annual sales turnover / annual operating budget of at least US$ 250,000 and a maximum annual turnover of US$ 10 million
- Applicants can be private entrepreneurs leading their own small and medium sized enterprise
- Applicants must be the lead decision-maker within their enterprise/organization. i.e. they should be the CEO / President / Managing Director / Owner / Founder etc.
- Applicants are interested in shaping the community dialogue about women’s advancement in their region, and wield the influence necessary to do so.
How to Apply
Applicants are required to:
- Complete and submit the online Application Questionnaire.
- Submit a two-minute video (described in the last section of this application)
For more information, visit GAP