Deadline: March 31, 2017
Applications are ongoing for the Engineering for Development (E4D) Doctoral Scholarship Programme. The E4D Doctoral Scholarship Programme promotes the development of products or methods which are directly relevant for improving the livelihoods of poor people in developing or transition countries. It awards two doctoral fellowships per year.
- Per proposal a scholarship of CHF 175,000 can be granted for a period of three years (salary of doctoral student plus limited operational costs)
- The entrance requirements for doctoral studies at the ETH Zurich and at the particular department must be fulfilled;
- Experience in the selected research area is required;
- Preference will be given to citizens of least developed countries and other low-income countries according to the OECD classification.
See more eligibility requirements.
The application procedure consists of the two following steps:
- The candidate submits a concept note to ETH Global (Patricia Heuberger, [email protected]). The deadline for submitting concept notes is March 31;
- Only concept notes fulfilling all indicated requirements will be taken into consideration and evaluated by the selection committee with regard to their suitability for the E4D Scholarship.
- Candidates whose concept note is accepted by the selection committee elaborate a full proposal together with the professor who agreed to supervise the project. If the candidate and the professor do not know each other, they must set up a meeting to discuss the full proposal elaboration. This meeting is either a face-to-face meeting or a skype meeting. The proposal is submitted to ETH Global by the supervising ETH professor. The deadline is August 31.
For more information, visit E4D Scholarship.