Deadline: February 20, 2017
The Great Minds initiative is a competition for internships of 3 to 6 months at one of the IBM Research Labs in Zurich, Dublin, Nairobi, or Johannesburg for students from central and eastern Europe, the Middle East and Africa. It provides students a unique opportunity to work alongside world-class scientists in the leading industrial IT research organization. The internships will take place in 2017. The exact starting time and duration will be agreed upon with the winning students individually, taking into account their academic commitments and the availability of IBM staff.
- IBM will pay the winners a lump sum towards travel expenses as well as compensation that covers adequately the cost of living in Switzerland, Ireland, Kenya or South Africa, respectively. IBM will also obtain the necessary visa and work permits for the successful candidates.
- The program is open to any full-time student enrolled in a Master’s program in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Physics, Software Engineering, Industrial Engineering or Service Science at a recognized university in central or eastern Europe, the Middle East or Africa;
- The students must have a solid command of the English language in both written and spoken form;
- IBM is an equal-opportunity employer and encourages applications from both genders as well as minority group;
- Qualified women are encouraged to participate in this competition.
- Participants must be nominated by a faculty member. A recommendation letter from a faculty member is mandatory.
- To participate in the Great Minds competition, see the detailed instructions for students.
For more information, visit Great Minds Internships.