All Bar None Scholarship to attend One Young World Summit 2017 in Bogotá, Colombia
Deadline: April 18, 2017
Applications are now open for the One Young World Summit 2017 taking place in Bogotá, Colombia. On 4 October, young leaders from 196 countries will descend on Bogotá for the One Young World Summit 2017. If you are a leader aged 18 – 30 with a passion for global issues and a track record of making a significant impact in your community, country or organisation, then you could be part of this year’s One Young World delegation.
The annual One Young World Summit brings together the most valuable young talent from global and national companies, NGOs, universities and other forward-thinking organisations. Delegates to the Summit meet and make lasting connections with peers from almost every industry, sector and country. No youth led movement outside of the Olympic Games represents as many nationalities as the One Young World Summit.
During the Summit delegates debate, formulate and share innovative solutions for the pressing issues the world faces. They will hear and be heard by world leaders acting as the One Young World Counsellors. Past Counsellors include Justin Trudeau, Archbishop Emeritus Desmond Tutu, Bob Geldof, Kofi Annan, Sir Richard Branson, Professor Muhammad Yunus, Mary Robinson, Emma Watson and Arianna Huffington.
One Young World is committed to ensuring that the opportunity to attend the Summit is available to as many people as possible regardless of their ability to pay. As well as their core scholarship, All Bar None, they are working with their partners to create further scholarship opportunities suitable for candidates with a range of backgrounds, skillsets and nationalities.
All Bar None Scholarship: All Bar None is an initiative designed to ensure that outstanding young people from every country in the world are represented at the One Young World Summit 2017 in Bogotá. The scholarship includes the following:
- Access to the One Young World Summit 2017 in Bogotá, Colombia
- Hotel accommodation on a shared basis between 4 October and 7 October
- Catering which includes breakfast, lunch and dinner.
- Transport between the Summit accommodation and the Summit venue.
- Summit hand-outs and support materials.
- The cost of travel to and from Bogotá.
You are eligible for All Bar None sponsorship if you can answer ‘yes’ to the following questions:
- Are you aged 18-30?
- Are you a national of one of the 116 countries listed below?
- Do you have a passion for world issues and evidenced commitment to making a positive change?
If you are not eligible for a current scholarship but would like to be considered for any future funding opportunities, please register here and they will contact you if a suitable scholarship becomes available.
How to Apply
- Step 1: Please create a basic One Young World profile on our website by visiting https://www.oneyoungworld.com/summit/register and selecting on ‘Attend via a Scholarship.’
- Step 2: Once you have created a profile on our website, you will be able to apply for All Bar None Scholarship (and any other Scholarships you are eligible for) via the ‘Apply for a Scholarship’ button on the right-hand side of your profile.
The strongest applicants from each eligible country will be shortlisted between 18 April and 12 May 2017 and they will work to secure sponsorship for at least one person from each eligible country. You will be contacted individually by a member of the One Young World team after 18 April if you have been shortlisted.
For more information, visit One Young World All Bar None Scholarship.