Central European Initiative Fellowship for Writers in Residence 2017
Deadline: April 30, 2017
The Central European Initiative (CEI) Fellowship for Writers in Residence is an award aimed at encouraging cross-border cooperation and promotion in the field of literature for young writers from Central European countries not yet part of the European Union. The CEI is a regional intergovernmental forum committed to supporting European integration through cooperation between and among its Member States and with the European Union, other interested public institutions or private and non governmental organisations, as well as international and regional organisations.
- The fellowship is endowed with a cash award of EUR 5,000 for a three-month stay in any of the Central European Initiative Member States, selected by the candidate.
- Open to writers from all genres under 35 (born after 1982 – from January 1, 1983 onwards) from CEI Member States, which are not part of the European Union (Albania, Belarus, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Macedonia, Moldova, Montenegro, Serbia and Ukraine).
The application must include the following obligatory enclosures:
- A filled in registration form;
- A biography of the applicant in English (max. 1800 characters without spaces);
- Copy of a valid ID or passport with the visible date and place of birth, and the citizenship of the applicant;
- A bibliography of the applicant in English (max. 3600 characters without spaces);
- A description in English of the project to be undertaken during the three-month residence (2000 – 4500 characters without spaces). The project must be a literary work (all genres and themes), not a research project;
- One original signed letter of recommendation in English (max. 1800 characters without spaces, letters without the original signature will not be considered).
Applications must be received in a sealed envelope by regular mail. The committee will consider entries postmarked on or before April 30, 2017.
Slovene Writers’ Association
(Writer in Residence)
For more information, visit Central European Initiative Fellowship.