Deadline: September 30, 2017
Applications are open for the Captain Planet Foundation Small Grant. The Foundation will fund as many projects as its annual resources allow. The Captain Planet Foundation primarily makes grants to U.S.-based schools and organizations with an annual operating budget of less than $3 million.
Grants from the Captain Planet Foundation are intended to:
- Provide hands-on environmental stewardship opportunities for youth;
- Serve as a catalyst to getting environment-based education in schools;
- Inspire youth and communities to participate in community service through environmental stewardship activities.
- Captain Planet Foundation will accept small grant requests for amounts between $500 – $2,500.
- Grants are made for activities that conform to the mission of the Captain Planet Foundation and must have all four of the following to be considered for funding:
- Be project-based;
- Projects must be performed by youth;
- Projects must have real environmental outcomes;
- Be based in the United States.
- Preferential consideration is given to requests who have secured at least 50% matching or in-kind funding for their projects. (Projects with matching funds or in-kind support are given priority because external funding is a good indicator of the potential for long-term sustainability of the activities). Captain Planet Foundation may choose to fund a portion of the project budget that best fits within the foundation guidelines or contact an applicant for further discussion.
- Apply here
For more information, visit Captain Planet Foundation.