The Diana Award 2017 for Young Role Models Across the World
Deadline: March 17, 2017
The Diana Award is given out in Diana, Princess of Wales’ name to young role models, aged 9-18 from across the world who are selflessly transforming the lives of others. The Diana Award is bestowed upon inspiring, courageous, compassionate young people, positively transforming the lives of others in Diana, Princess of Wales’ memory and legacy. They are looking to recognise young people going above and beyond in their daily lives to create and sustain positive change.
This year The Diana Award will present 20 exceptional young people with a ‘Legacy Award’ in memory of Princess Diana. Recipients of this new Award will be selected from 2017 Diana Award Holders, already recognised for their selfless commitment to transforming the lives of others across the world; they will be leaders, visionaries and role models able to inspire and mobilise new generations to serve their communities and make a positive change to the world, as Princess Diana believed they could.
As well as receiving the Legacy Award at a prestigious ceremony, recipients will also have access to a unique Development Programme which will provide them with the opportunity to enhance their skills in four key areas; leadership, community development, social entrepreneurship and technology for good.
Successful nominees will be presented with The Diana Award at a local ceremony (if UK based) or celebrated via their digital platform if outside the UK. Nominees this year will also be put forward to be considered to receive one of the 20 Legacy Award titles.
In order to be eligible for The Diana Award nominees must be aged 9-18 and have been carrying out their activities for a minimum of 12 months. Nominators must know the young person in a professional capacity and be able to demonstrate the nominee’s impact in 5 key criterion areas. For more information on eligibility and the nomination process, download our nomination guide below.
- Vision: Demonstrates commitment and passion to the cause, evidenced through their service to that cause and through social action
- Social Impact: Creates positive social change that is of benefit to the wider community
- Youth Led: Demonstrates how the young person(s) have led, owned and shaped the activities they are nominating them for
- Service Journey: Evidence of transformation throughout the nominee(s’) service journey, including attitude, skills gained and challenges overcome
- Inspiring Others: Through their positive attitude and passionate approach to life they are a role model to others.
Each Diana Award nomination will be reviewed by a regional judging panel, comprising of young people, experts in the youth sector, business and educational professionals. They will be looking for young people who demonstrate the qualities Princess Diana governed her life by; compassion, kindness and service with strong evidence provided.
How to Nominate
- Ready to nominate? Submit your nomination here no later than Friday 17 March 2017 at 5:00 p.m. GMT.
- In order for your Diana Award nomination to also be eligible for the Legacy Award, you must fill out the section within the form titled ‘Additional Information/ Legacy Award’.
All nominators will be contacted 27 March 2017 with the result of their nomination.
For more information, visit The Diana Award.