SingularityU East Africa Global Impact Challenge 2017
Deadline: March 13, 2017
Are you an East African with a moonshot innovation to a global grand challenge that leverages exponential technology and has a potential to impact a billion people in 10 years? If yes, this competition is for you. The purpose of the SingularityU East Africa Global Impact Challenge is to foster moonshot innovations and startups that positively impact the lives of people living in East Africa, with an ability to scale and impact a billion people worldwide in 10 years.
What moon shot innovation would you develop to solve a global grand challenge (environment, energy, water, food, health, disaster resilience, governance, learning, space,security, prosperity) using exponential technology that would impact the lives of a billion people in the next 10 years?
The winner of this challenge will secure a full sponsorship to attend the prestigious Global Solutions Program at Singularity University. The program runs from June 17 to August 17, 2017.
Who Should Apply:
People who are driven to solve the world’s biggest problems. They look for people from all professional backgrounds, but will be really thrilled to find you if:
- You’re an accomplished entrepreneur, technologist, scientist, or change agent with expertise in your chosen field(s)
- You have a background in or a passion for addressing climate change or are working to address any of the direct or indirect effects of climate change, such as governance, security, sustainable water supplies, and alternative food or energy sources
- You’re already considering how to leverage exponential technologies to create positive impact in the world
You’re committed to the long-term journey of launching an impact-focused startup
- The challenge is open to residents and citizens in East Africa
- You must be age 21 or older on the first day of the GSP
- Must be fluent in written and spoken English
- Able to participate for the entire GSP17 program
- Degree of solution’s relevance to the theme of the challenge
- The regional relevance in solving the challenge in East Africa
- Feasibility, Viability and Coherence of implementing the idea
- Entrepreneurial and innovative potential, with a focus on technological novelty
- Applicant’s leadership experience and quality, profile, achievements, and potential
- Summary of accomplishments
- An abstract of the project idea
- A video URL of the project idea
For more information and to apply, visit East Africa Global Impact Challenge.