Attend the Global Investigative Journalism Conference 2017
Deadline: May 15, 2017
The Global Investigative Journalism Conference (GIJC) is the premier international gathering of investigative and data journalists, held once every two years. This year, the 10th conference will be held in Johannesburg, South Africa, from November 16 to 19, and is being co-hosted by the Global Investigative Journalism Network and the Wits University Journalism Programme.
GIJC17 incorporates this year’s African Investigative Journalism Conference and will feature more than 120 exciting panels, workshops, and networking sessions, ranging from cross-border collaboration and corruption to advanced data analysis. Here’s a chance to learn from the best in the field and enhance your skills with the latest tips and tools.
The following costs will be covered:
- Round-trip airfare to Johannesburg, South Africa
- Hotel room for four nights
- Transport between Johannesburg airport and the conference hotel
- Breakfast and lunch on conference days
- Award ceremony banquet dinner
- Conference fee
NOTE: The fellowship does not include a per diem, visa fees, or transport to and from your home country airport. Fellows are expected to pay for these costs
- The fellowship is open to full-time print, online, television, video, and multimedia journalists in developing or transitioning countries
- Experience in investigative or data journalism a plus.
For application and more information, visit Global Investigative Journalism Conference.