Global Call for Expression of Interest: FAO Security Service Positions
Deadline: March 16, 2017
The FAO Security Service Positions are located in the Security Service, Office of the Deputy Director General (Operations) – DDO at FAO Headquarters in Rome, Italy. The Security Service aims to assure a safe and secure operating environment and ensure continuity of operations in FAO headquarters and decentralized offices, by protecting the integrity of premises and assets and the security of personnel and other subjects present in the FAO premises from harmful acts and accidents or natural and technological hazards.
The objective of the Global Call is to attract globally suitable candidates with an appropriate security background for posts in the functional area of security that may become vacant within the Security Service at FAO Headquarters. The Global Call will create a General Service Roster of suitable applicants candidates that will be used to identify candidates for positions at grades G-2 (Security Guard), G-3 (Senior Security Guard), G-4 (Security Assistant) and G-5 (Security Assistant-Supervisor).
- Education: Secondary School Education.
- Experience: Minimum two years of relevant experience with a national or international police force, armed forces, private security organization, fire brigade or security service of a large organization, or in a position requiring high security, confidentiality and total integrity. For positions at the G-4 and G-5, experience in managing teams and a limited number of assets is required.
- IT Skills: Knowledge of the MS Office applications, Internet and office technology equipment.
- Technical Skills:
- knowledge of the use of the security and safety system and of the applying protecting procedures and techniques
- knowledge of FAO’s organizational units, their functions and key personnel
- Ability to render first aid
- Ability to intervene in a fire incident
- Ability to perform self-defense techniques
- Special Requirements for Security Staff:
- Highly developed sense of responsibility
- Emotional stability
- Ability to coordinate activities and staff in emergency situations
- Availability to work on shifts
- Physical fitness for duty
- Driving license with irreproachable driving record
- Languages: Working knowledge (Level C) of English. Working knowledge of Italian is desirable.
- To apply, visit the iRecruitment website and complete your online profile;
- Once the online profile is complete, please apply and submit your application, with the language certificates as attachments;
- Only language proficiency certificates from UN accredited external providers and/or FAO language official examinations (LPE, ILE, LRT) will be accepted as proof of the level of knowledge of languages indicated in the online applications.
- Applicants unable to provide the above-mentioned certificates will be evaluated through online assessments. FAO reserves the right to request candidates to undertake a language test in the future, as appropriate;
- Only applications received through FAO’s iRecruitment will be considered. Incomplete applications will not be considered. Applications received after the closing date will not be accepted.
- Vacancies will be removed from iRecruitment at 23:59 Central European Time (CET) on the deadline for the applications date. Applicants are encouraged to submit the application well before the deadline date.
- If you need help, or have queries, please contact: [email protected]
For more information, visit FAO Security Service Positions.