Hot Job: Senior Programme Coordinator at Food & Agricultural Organisation
Deadline: March 20, 2017
FAO is dedicated to recruiting the best staff possible, hiring internationally minded people to carry out its work toward the eradication of hunger. They invite you to explore the opportunities and benefits of working with them. The Senior Programme Coordinator will work on the EAF-Nansen Programme of the Fisheries and Aquaculture Policy and Resources Division.
- Leads and coordinates EAF-Nansen Programme activities, it’s personnel and consultants; organizes all the Statutory meetings of the Programme (Annual Norad/FAO/IMR meetings, the Regional Steering Committees and the Programme Forum), prepares annual Programme work plans, the annual progress reports and draft terminal report;
- Analyzes global, regional and country-specific requirements and relevant technical issues to provide critical inputs into the programme of work, work plans and discus supporting budgets and resourcing strategies for the EAF-Nansen Programme;
- Provides technical leadership and guidance for the implementation of the Ecosystem Approach to Fisheries (EAF) for the Programme and its partners including for the preparation and development of technical reports and papers emanating from Programme activities;
- Coordinates, plans and/or provides technical assistance, in close cooperation with partner institutions, countries and regional fisheries organizations, to activities aimed at promoting and facilitating the application of EAF in partner countries and regions, including within a gender perspective;
- Coordinates, oversees and/or provides technical advice and assistance to countries, in close collaboration with local scientists, managers and relevant stakeholders, in the collection and analysis of data and information relevant to the application of EAF, organizes workshops and meetings on scientific data analysis for fisheries management advice;
- Leads and coordinates, in close collaboration with personnel of partner countries and other experts, the identification of capacity development needs and coordinates, oversees and/or provides technical support to the development and planning of training programmes of high technical quality related to technical fields of the EAF-Nansen Programme, coordinates the setting-up and running of the EAF-Nansen Technical Training Network in Africa and supports the establishment and facilitation of the EAF-Nansen Science Consortium;
- Provides technical backstopping to and ensures the quality/effectiveness of capacity development and knowledge sharing activities within partner countries to implement the EAF-Nansen Programme activities;
- Coordinates and oversees the preparation/review and implementation of the Programme Strategies, such as the communication strategy and mainstreaming of gender;
- Represents the EAF-Nansen Programme at international meetings and conferences, including meetings of partners, identifies and implements strategic partnerships for the Programme; Develops effective working relationships and agreements with national, regional and international partners, including appropriate liaison and synergies with Regional Fisheries Bodies and other Regional Organizations as well as projects and other initiatives in Africa and elsewhere;
- A competitive compensation and benefits package is offered. See information on UN salaries, allowances and benefits.
- Candidate should have an advanced university degree in marine or fisheries or related disciplines;
- Ten years of relevant experience in fisheries management and the ecosystem approach to fisheries, the production and application of scientific advice and information to marine fisheries management within national and/or regional management frameworks, including in developing countries in Africa, with demonstrated high-level experience shown in suitable scientific papers or reports;
- Working knowledge of English, and limited knowledge of French.
- To apply, complete your online profile. Only applications received through iRecruitment will be considered.
- Candidates are requested to attach a letter of motivation to the online profile.
- Vacancies will be removed from iRecruitment at 23:59 Central European Time (CET) on the deadline for applications date. Applicants are encouraged to submit the application well before the deadline date.
For more information, visit Senior Programme Coordinator at Food & Agricultural Organisation.