CAS Advanced Academia Fellowships 2018/2019
Deadline: May 31, 2017
The Centre for Advanced Study Sofia (CAS Sofia) announces a Call for Applications for its 2018/2019 In-Residence Advanced Academia Fellowships for fundamental research in the fields of the humanities and the social sciences. CAS Sofia is an independent Institute with international and multidisciplinary profile. Located in Sofia, Bulgaria, it promotes high-level scholarship in the social sciences and the humanities. In addition to supporting focus-group research, CAS Sofia invites outstanding scholars to pursue their individual research projects during in-residence periods of up to five months.
The selected Fellows are entitled to:
- A monthly stipend of 700 euro (liable to 10% income tax) to cover living expenses related to the stay in Sofia;
- Accommodation in Sofia, comprising living quarters and working space. The Fellows will also have free access to the CAS library and electronic resources/databases;
- Travel allowance (up to 400 euro);
- Research expenses (up to 250 Euro).
- Be non-Bulgarian citizens;
- Have completed a PhD in the fields of the humanities and the social sciences;
- International research experience (participation in projects and refereed conferences) and publications in peer-reviewed academic editions are strong advantages.
- High quality of the candidate’s academic portfolio and publications, participation in international research;
- Innovative fundamental research proposal with significant contribution;
- Interdisciplinary and/or comparative approaches are an advantage.
- Download the following materials:
- Please carefully consider the former two documents when preparing your application;
- For Junior scholars (up to 8 years after PhD defense) only: two letters of recommendation by scholars familiar with the applicant’s academic work should be emailed to CAS by the referees;
- All application documents should be presented in English and sent by e-mail to dimov@cas.@bg with a subject entry “Advanced Academia Fellowships.”
For more information, visit Advanced Academia Fellowships for International Scholars.