Nigerian Women Association of Georgia (NWAG) Scholarships 2017
Deadline: May 31, 2017
Applications for the Nigerian Women Association of Georgia (NWAG) Scholarships 2017 is now open. NWAG plans to award 37 one-time scholarships, one per state of origin as well as one for the Federal Capital Territory (FCT) to Nigerian female undergraduate students in Nigerian university or tertiary institutions.
- Each scholarship worths $200 USD (Naira Equivalent).
- Open to Nigerian female undergraduates
Applicants are required to submit the following documents together with their completed application form:
- Proof of State of Origin – Letter of Origination from the university or a letter from your local government office;
- Two letters of recommendation from any two of the following: Church Pastor/Mosque Imam, Village Head, Local Government Chairperson or One of your Lecturers;
- 1 Letter of recommendation from either the Dean of your Faculty/School or your Head of Department;
- Photocopy of your current university student identification card;
- A current photograph of yourself;
- An explanation of why you need and should receive the scholarship (not more than one-half typed page);
- A typed, double-spaced, two-paged essay on: “Women are marginalized in leadership positions in Nigeria. Position yourself as a woman activist and propose how you can advocate for women rights in government positions, challenge early/child marriage, and gender discrimination”
Completed application can be submitted with all required documents as pdf or word documents to NWAG either electronically to [email protected] or by regular mail to:
P.O. Box 14542,
Atlanta, GA 30324
For more information, visit NWAG Scholarship.