Deadline: March 22, 2017
The EMBRACE project of the Youth Challenge International is seeking three (3) experienced and organized Field Coordinators to support the effective planning and implementation of the Agents for Change (AoC) Study Tour, a three-week overseas volunteer project for ten university-level Health Sciences students in August 2017.
The AoCs will be divided into three groups, each of which will visit one EMBRACE project country – Rwanda, Cambodia or the Philippines – to learn about global maternal, newborn and child health (MNCH) and nutrition issues. Upon their return to Canada, the Agents of Change will work with ADRA Canada to use their new awareness and knowledge to engage their communities in increasing awareness of global MNCH and nutrition issues.
- Participate in the AoC preparation process through hosting Skype meetings and creating country-specific documents;
- Coordinate in-country logistics including accommodation, transportation and other details as required;
- Work with EMBRACE project teams and partners to develop a detailed trip itinerary;
- Manage volunteers while they are in country;
- Facilitate reflective learning activities with volunteers to support their personal development and learning;
- Ensure AoC safety and security and adherance to all risk management protocols;
- Support information and data gathering activities to enhance AoC public engagement activities in Canada;
- Any other AoC related duties as designated by YCI, ADRA Canada or the EMBRACE project team.
This is a two-month subsidized skilled volunteer placement. YCI will provide the following for the volunteer:
- Pre-departure training and debrief in Toronto (including travel and accommodation)
- In-country orientation
- Return airfare and visa/permit fees
- Vaccinations allowance up to $300 CAD
- Emergency medical and evacuation insurance
- $1,200 CAD stipend per month to cover accommodation, food, work-related communication and transportation
- Open to university-level Health Sciences students in Canada
To apply for these positions, please complete the volunteer application form.
For more information, visit Field Coordinators Needed for the EMBRACE Project.