Call for Entries: Innsbruck Nature Film Festival 2017
Deadline: July 15, 2017
Submit entries now for the 2017 Innsbruck Nature Film Festival. The Innsbruck Nature Film Festival is an international nature film competition, offering motivated filmmakers a platform for presenting their latest work. Four film festival days with film presentations and a high-quality side program are the framework for an on-topic, ecological, and artistic discourse. The 2017 INFF takes place from October 10 till October 13, 2017 in Leokino Cinema in Innsbruck. Leokino is not only one of the most important and open cinemas in Tirol for off-mainstream films and events, but also an architectural highlight in the center of Innsbruck. Its authentic atmosphere and technical expertise are the main reasons for the cooperation with the Leokino, which has lasted more than a decade. Innsbruk is looking forward to numerous submissions in the following categories:
- Environment: documentaries about environmental protection/issues and/or with a focus on global topics.
- Nature: documentaries about nature, ecologic phenomenons, animal, plants and bionomics.
- Shorts: short movies and clips up to a length of 20 minutes.
- Animations: animations and animated clips up to a length of 20 minutes.
- Young Talents
- < 19 years: movies of any genre up to a length of 20 minutes, age of the director at the time of production: under 19 years.
- < 25 years: movies of any genre up to a length of 20 minutes, age of the director at the time of production: between 19 and 25 Years.
Prizes worth more than €18,000 will be awarded!
- Grand Prize of the City of Innsbruck: The cultural offer is diverse and varied in Innsbruck. Part of it is the INFF that found a great supporter of his event with the City of Innsbruck. Therefore, in the categories Documentaries Nature and Documentaries Environment the “Grand Prizes of the City of Innsbruck” are awarded by the Mayor of Innsbruck!
- Nature: “Grand Prize of the Cityof Innsbruck for the best Documentary.Nature” worth €3,000
- Environment: “Grand Prize of the City of Innsbruck for the best Documentary.Environment” worth €3,000
- Canon Awards: Canon’s corporate philosophy of “Kyosei” comes from the Japanese and means “living and working together for the common good”. This idea can also be applied to the idea of the INFF. Therefore we are very pleased that in the shorts category the prizes are donated by our partner Canon Austria.
- Short Films: “Canon Award for the best Short Film” (t.b.a.)
- Animated Short Films: “Canon Award for the best Animated Short Film” (t.b.a.)
- Tiroler Tageszeitung Awards for young Talents: The Tiroler Tageszeitung is the print and online media with the strongest coverage in the federal state. To have them on board is very important for the INFF. To spread facts and to draw attention to issues is a concern as well as for the TT as it is for our youngsters with their films. In this category, prizes are generously provided by the Tiroler Tageszeitung.
- Up to 19 years: “Tiroler Tageszeitung Award fr Young Talents up to 19 years” worth €1,000
- Up to 25 years: “Tiroler Tageszeitung Award for Young Talents up to 25 years” worth €1,000
- In terms of subject matter, the films submitted must deal with the topic of nature and/or environment;
- Only films with German or English subtitles are accepted. (German-language films should provide English subtitles, English-language films should provide German subtitles, all other foreign-language films should provide either English or German subtitles.);
- Film should be produced in 2015 or later.
The application is only valid if the following documents are submitted:
- Fully completed official online application form
- Data: online-screener OR file upload OR labeled storage medium by mail.
For more information, visit Innsbruck Nature Film Festival.