Co-Creation Hub Diaspora Challenge 2017
Are you an African in the diaspora? Co-Cration Hub (CcHUB) is seeking to mobilise the Diaspora community to build scalable business solutions to social challenges in Africa. They are seeking business ideas that make an impact in these 3 critical sectors.
- Education: How might we harness the potential of technology to bridge the education gap and unlock the potential of the young people of Africa?
- FinTech: How might we connect the unserved & underserved population in Africa to affordable financial services using readily available technology?
- Energy: How might we use technology to effectively distribute clean and affordable energy to homes & industries across Africa?
Co-Creation Hub is a social innovation center dedicated to accelerating the application of social capital and technology for economic prosperity. CcHUB is Nigeria’s first open living lab and pre-incubation space designed to be a multi-functional, multi-purpose space where work to catalyze creative social tech ventures take place. The HUB is a place for technologists, social entrepreneurs, government, tech companies, impact investors and hackers in and around Lagos to co-create new solutions to the many social problems in Nigeria.
Six finalists will
- Get $15,000 per idea to fund prototype development;
- Receive insight in support of strategic planning & execution;
- Be on the path for up to $250,000 seed investment from Growth Capital;
- Connect to strategic partners in African countries to support market entry processes;
- Connect to mentors to provide honest & constructive feedback as well as industry guidance when necessary.
You can apply if your idea answers these questions
- Does your idea solve a clear problem/issue that affects a large number of people in Africa?
- Does the idea improve on an existing process/solution or is it completely new i.e. hasn’t been done locally?
- Does your solution leverage digital technology (web or mobile) for its execution?
- Have you taken time to research the problem/issue and have a clear picture of the target segment it affects?
- Do you have (or have access to) the skills to implement your proposed solution?
- Are you prepared to spend the next nine (9) months building the solution and going out to understand your potential uses?
Do you have an idea that meets the eligibility? Then submit the idea for a chance to win the challenge!
For more information, visit Co-Creation Hub Diaspora Challenge.