Deadline: June 20, 2017
Submit applications for the OFID Development Leaders Scholarship 2017 and stand a chance to win a fully funded trip to the One Young World Summit 2017. OFID is a long standing supporter of One Young World and has enabled more than 150 young leaders to participate in the One Young World Summit since 2011. This year OFID will sponsor 16 young leaders (including five Colombian nationals who also reside in Colombia) who are active in international development to participate in the One Young World Summit 2017 which takes place in Bogotá, Colombia from October 4 – 7, 2017.
The OPEC Fund for International Development (OFID) is the development finance institution established by the Member States of OPEC in 1976 as a channel of aid to the developing countries. OFID works in cooperation with developing country partners and the international donor community to stimulate economic growth and alleviate poverty in all disadvantaged regions of the world. It does this by providing financing to build essential infrastructure, strengthen social services delivery and promote productivity, competitiveness and trade. OFID’s work is people-centered, focusing on projects that meet basic needs – such as food, energy, clean water and sanitation, healthcare and education – with the aim of encouraging self-reliance and inspiring hope for the future.
- Access to the One Young World Summit 2017 in Bogotá, Colombia;
- Hotel accommodation on a shared basis between October 4 and October 7, 2017;
- Catering which includes breakfast, lunch and dinner;
- Transport between the Summit accommodation and the Summit venue;
- Summit hand-outs and support materials;
- The cost of travel to and from Bogotá.
In order to apply you must be:
- Aged 18 – 30
- A national of one of the listed eligible countries
- Please note that five of the places available are reserved for Colombian nationals who also reside in Colombia.
Successful candidates will excel in the following areas:
- Evidenced commitment to the sustainable development of their country. This commitment can come in many forms; ranging from a high level of involvement in community initiatives to social entrepreneurship or from leading responsible business practices to public service.
- Leadership ability
- Concern for local or global issues
- Ability to generate and articulate impactful ideas
Submit an online application in English before midnight 20 June.
For more information, visit OFID Development Leaders Scholarship.