Deadline: June 10, 2017
The Technical Centre for Agricultural and Rural Cooperation (CTA) is looking for a highly motivated and result-oriented intern to help update and implement CTA’s social media strategy. Are you a passionate user of social media? Are you eager to explore new possibilities and new platforms? Are you able to convey engaging messages in 140 characters? Do you care about rural development and sustainable food security? If you can answer yes to these questions, CTA can offer you an exciting opportunity to learn and grow professionally in marketing communications.
CTA is a joint international institution of the African, Caribbean and Pacific (ACP) Group of States and the European Union (EU). Its mission is to advance food security, resilience and inclusive economic growth in Africa, the Caribbean and the Pacific through innovations in sustainable agriculture. CTA operates under the framework of the Cotonou Agreement and is funded by the EU. CTA’s envisions agriculture in ACP countries as a vibrant, modern and sustainable business that creates value for smallholder farmers, entrepreneurs, youth and women, and produces affordable, nutritious and healthy food for all.
Position: intern Social Media
Indicative starting date: as soon as possible
Duration of contract: 6 months (renewable once)
Location: Wageningen, the Netherlands
As part of our new digital team, you will be actively engaged in feeding CTA’s social media channels and help the organisation use social media widely and effectively. You will work closely with our communications and marketing team to assist in updating and implementing our social media strategy. In addition, you will create and post content, animate discussions and participate in content planning. You will interact with other CTA staff to get content and verify accuracy.
Under the guidance and supervision of the Marketing & Communication Programme Coordinator, you will be responsible for the following activities:
- Assist in updating and implementing CTA’s social media strategy;
- Update CTA’s corporate social media accounts (text in English and French and photos);
- Keep track of messages users send to CTA via social media;
- Moderate comments posted on social media;
- Assist in social media content planning and be responsible for keeping it updated, revising it as necessary to reflect news and updates across CTA’s websites;
- Support CTA staff and interns in using social media tools in relation to their activities;
- Contribute content to various social networking channels e.g. Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Vimeo, LinkedIn;
- Create content for blogs, CTA event websites and e-newsletters when required;
- Propose standardised training/information for all new interns on social media at CTA.
- Participation in CTA activities will give you an invaluable experience at international level.
- Internship stipend (€ 800 per month for the holder of a Bachelor’s degree, € 1,000 per month for the holder of a Master’s degree).
- Payment of travel costs when joining and leaving the Centre.
- Medical coverage for emergency cases of sickness and accident, for the duration of the internship.
National of one of the ACP or EU States signatory to the Cotonou Agreement (79 African, Caribbean and Pacific States – http://www.acp.int/content/secretariat-acp and the European Union Member States).
- University (or similar institution of higher education) degree in digital communication, marketing or related discipline.
- Recent graduate, between 21 and 29 years old (maximum).
- Experience in social media.
- Strong written communication skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to work under pressure with focus and to meet tight deadlines.
- Excellent working knowledge of English (both written and oral). Knowledge of French would be an asset.
- Willingness to work flexible hours if needed to cover key events in other time zones (e.g. Pacific Islands or Caribbean).
- Interest in and knowledge of international development is also an asset.
How to Apply
Interested candidates are required to send their application via email or mail to Pascal Deleu, Human Resources Officer. Email address: [email protected]. Please indicate in the ‘Subject’ of the email the title ‘Internship Social Media’.
Applications should include:
- A letter of motivation (maximum one page) explaining why the candidate considers that he/she is in a position to contribute to CTA’s activities and what he/she expects to gain from the internship. The date of earliest availability should be specified as well;
- An up-to-date curriculum vitae, preferably in EUROPASS format, highlighting qualifications, experience and skills with regards to the position;
- A copy of the highest diploma/degree, as well as training certificates related to the position. Original documents are to be presented once a candidate is selected.
- Two letters of recommendation and/or references.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview. CTA is an equal opportunity employer. Women are particularly encouraged to apply.
For more information, visit CTA Social Media Internship.