Enter the European Photo Competition 2017 (Win a Trip to Brussels + more)
Deadline: June 30, 2017
Win a cultural trip to Brussels and photographic equipment worth up to EUR 2000 by entering the European Photo Competition 2017. Recent events including the abuse of power, violence and attacks on essential values in Europe and beyond show that nothing, not even our most fundamental rights, must be taken for granted. Fundamental human rights that were developed as universal and indivisible protection mechanisms are being challenged by political ideologies and actions. Do we have to give up certain rights to keep others? Are there rights only for some, but not for all? Take your camera and show what rights mean to you and where they might be be under threat. Illustrate what Europe means in terms of protecting and living rights that in many parts of the world are only a dream.
The competition is organized by the Group of the Party of European Socialists (PES Group) in the Committee of the Regions (CoR). The PES Group in the CoR is a political group bringing together social-democrat, socialist, labour and progressive representatives from local and regional authorities across the EU. The purpose of the PES Group is:
- to bring together social-democrat, socialist, labour and progressive members in a multinational group, enabling them to co-operate and take common positions on political issues of vital importance for local and regional authorities;
- to increase the role and political influence of the CoR in the European decision-making process;
- to develop close working relationships with the social-democrat and socialist national parties represented in the Group, the Party of European Socialists (PES), the Group of the Progressive Alliance of Socialists and Democrats in the European Parliament (S&D Group), as well as social-democrat and socialist groups in other international bodies;
- to contribute to the political agenda of the Party of the European Socialists and raise issues of specific local and regional interest.
All jury winners will be awarded:
- A cultural 3-day trip for 2 to Brussels including:
- Two return travel tickets to Brussels, the capital of Europe;
- Two nights in a unique photography theme hotel of the capital;
- A “Brussels Card” giving free access to 39 museums, free bus transport.
- 1st prize: EUR 2,000 of photographic equipment;
- 2nd prize: EUR 1,500 of photographic equipment;
- 3rd prize: EUR 1,000 of photographic equipment;
- The public prize winner: EUR 500 of photographic equipment.
- At least 18 years old;
- Resident in one of the 28 EU Member States;
- Only one entry/photo per participant is allowed;
- Available to travel to Brussels during the last quarter of 2017;
- Open to amateur and professional photographers.
- Only JPG images are accepted;
- Please, name your file with your full name (eg: laura-smith.jpg);
- Maximum width of your image should be 1200px.
Please point out any technical problem in the uploading process by email to: [email protected] The topic of the competition is “My Europe, my rights!”. Your photograph must reflect this theme. To help participants, more detailed information and an “inspiration cloud” are available, in English, on the competition website.
For application and more information, visit European Photo Competition.