“In Between?” Workshops and Study Visits Autumn 2017 (Funded)
Deadline: July 17, 2017
European Network Remembrance and Solidarity is launching a recruitment process for an ongoing educational project called In Between? which aims to encourage the young generation of Europeans to explore 20th-century history by speaking with those who lived it. Participants are given a unique opportunity to gain theoretical and practical experience in documenting oral stories.
A four days’ workshop will be held in Warsaw, Poland. Participants will learn the theoretical basics of interview methodology, digital video camera operation, photography, digitalisation of visual materials, archiving and historical context. Then, they will be divided into groups of six to travel to border towns and other localities for seven days. During their stay they will conduct and document interviews with local inhabitants. Recollections, sound and video recordings, photographs, letters as well as scanned documents and other items reflecting the daily life of the communities will constitute a basis for building accounts of their travel that will be shared with historical institutions and local archives, including the National Digital Archive and the Virtual Shtetl (Museum of the History of Polish Jews).
- The Organisers shall cover the costs of the Participants’ accommodation during the delivery of the Project as well as the costs of the Participants’ transport from the place of workshop delivery (Warsaw) to the respective regions for which they have been qualified;
- The Organisers shall cover the costs of the Participant’s travel from his/her place of residence (declared by the Candidate in the application form) to the place of workshop delivery (Warsaw);
- The Organisers shall cover the costs of the Participant’s return travel from his/her place of residence (declared by the Candidate in the application form) to the place of the Project summary seminar to be held in December 2017 in Berlin
- The Participants shall undertake to travel from the place of the Study Visit to their respective places of residence at their own expense.
The Recruitment shall be open exclusively to individuals who:
- Are 18 years old and younger than 26 years of age on September 13, 2017, including students and freelancers representing various areas of interest that may include history, cultural anthropology, sociology and audiovisual arts, among others
- Show a knowledge of English of at least the B2 level (in accordance with the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages of the Council of Europe);
- Are citizens ofEuropean countries.
- Interested applicants can begin their application here
For more information, visit the Inbetween Workshop.