Enter the Agility Africa Photo Competition 2017 (Win up to $4,000)
Deadline: September 1, 2017
The story of today’s Africa – young, growing, urbanizing, and tech-savvy – needs to be told. As a company committed to supporting local capacity in Africa, Agility wants to capture the hope, aspirations and confidence of a new generation of Africans and the continent that they are rapidly reshaping. They are looking for images that will open the eyes of the world to today’s vibrant, modern African reality. The Agility Africa Photo Competition 2017 is an invitation to professional and amateur photographers to capture the vibrant, modern African reality and show the world that Africa is realizing its potential.
Photos can be sent in the following categories of the competition:
- Industry: Africa’s transformation is being driven by growth and modernization in energy, manufacturing, agriculture, logistics and transportation and consumer goods. They are seeking photos that illustrate the strides Africa is making in productivity, commerce, consumer demand and investment;
- Technology: Africa’s transformation has been accelerated by technology that gives its citizens the ability to connect to one another and the world as never before. They seek photos that show how people use technology to improve their lives or that showcase Africa’s technological innovation;
- Cities: Africa’s political and commercial capitals are becoming global mega-cities as the continent urbanizes at a historic pace. More than 40% of Africans now live in cities. They are looking for photos that capture stories of urban life across Africa.
- The winning photo in each of the three categories will receive a USD 2,000 cash prize.
- The grand prize winner will receive an additional $2,000 cash prize.
- Open to professional and amateur photographers 18 years of age and older;
- No employees of Sponsor or its affiliates, or their immediate family members, can participate in the competition.
- Photos must be taken in Africa
- Photos must be high-resolution. Must be in JPG or PNG format, must be at least 1,600 pixels wide or tall, and the file size must be at least 1 MB
- Photo must not have won an award at a previous photo competition
- Only minor digital editing, color correction, and cropping of the photo are allowed
- The photo must be free of Prohibited Content (as defined in the Conditions of Entry section)
- All photographs must be submitted in digital format via this website: africa-2017.com.
- Entrants must complete the online entry form and include their name, email address, mailing address, phone number, photo, photo location, and photo caption.
- Entrants must also specify which photo category their entry belongs to.
- There is no limit on the number of entries per person.
- By submitting an entry, the entrant agrees to comply with all Competition rules.
The Competition runs from June 1, 2017 at 12:00 PM GMT to September 1, 2017 at 12:00 PM GMT
For more information, visit Agility Africa Photo Competition 2017.