OSCE Dialogue Academy for Young Women 2017 (Fully Funded)
Deadline: June 20, 2017
The Organization for Security and Co-operation in Europe (OSCE) invites you to apply for the 2017 OSCE Dialogue Academy, which will take place at the Peace Castle, Austria from October 6 to 15, 2017. Since 2012, the OSCE Mission in Kosovo and the OSCE Mission to Serbia have been organizing a series of meetings bringing together prominent women from Prishtinë/Priština and Belgrade. The process known as “Follow Us” initiative aims at fostering contacts and dialogue between the two societies focusing on common issues of concern related to gender equality and women empowerment.
As part of identified priority areas for joint action, participants agreed to support empowerment of young women from both societies through education and dialogue initiatives. With this aim, two editions of the OSCE Dialogue Academy were held in 2015 and 2016 bringing together young women activists from Prishtinë/Priština and Belgrade, to teach about mediation, negotiation, and women in politics. The Academy also aims at encouraging joint actions of the young women activists from both societies to advocate for advancement of women’s rights and reconciliation in the region. Twelve (12) successful applicants from each society that meet the qualification criteria will be selected to participate in this Dialogue Academy.
All expenses related to participation in the Dialogue Academy will be covered by the OSCE, including:
- Flights to and from Austria;
- Course module costs;
- Visa cost and health insurance;
- Meals and refreshments;
- Bus travel for cultural visits.
- Open to women between 20 and 27 years of age from the geographical regions covered by the OSCE Mission in Kosovo and the OSCE Mission to Serbia;
- Candidates should be undergraduate and graduate students in the field of social sciences, as well as young professionals in the fields of media, politics, and the civil society sector.
- Candidates should prove their genuine interest and/or engagement in civic actions (politics, voluntarism, community work, advocacy, policy making etc.);
- Excellent English language skills are required,since lectures, discussions and role plays will be held in English.
If you would like to apply for the 2017 Dialogue Academy, please send the following documents in English to: email@example.com
- A motivation letter (max. one page), which should address the following issue: “How can women promote dialogue, reconciliation and cooperation in the region?”The letter should also outline your motivations and expectations to take part to the programme and indicate whether you would like to be considered for Prishtinë/Priština or Belgrade group;
- CV, including your date of birth and names and contacts of at least two referees (names of university professors or supervisors), as well as your mobile phone number and email address
- A statement whether you or any of your relative are/are not employed with the OSCE.
For applicants requiring a Schengen visa, please note that you need to make yourself available during the visa application process (and be physically present to apply for the visa) in August/September 2017.
For more information, visit OSCE Dialogue Academy.