Call for Membership – Pan African Youth Network for a Culture of Peace
The PAYNCOP is currently open for membership from youth organizations across Africa. They encourage youth organizations across all sectors to be a part of this network in building the culture of peace in young people. PAYNCoP is an apolitical, non-denominational, and non-profit youth organization whose aim is to collaborate and create synergies between African youth organizations and the diaspora, formed in national and sub-regional networks, working for the promotion of The culture of peace and nonviolence in Africa.
PAYNCoP was officially launched in Libreville Gabon at the Pan-African Forum – Youth and the challenge of promote the Culture of the peace – that took place from December 11 to 13, 2014. This Forum was organized under the patronage of his Excellency Mr. Ali Bongo Ondimba, President of the Republic of Gabon, jointly by the Omar to Bongo Ondimba Foundation and the Gabonese National Commission for UNESCO with the support and participation of AU and UNESCO.
- Education: Strengthening a culture of peace through education;
- Socio-Economic: Promoting economic and social development;
- Rights: Promoting equal opportunities and human rights;
- Tolerance: Promoting intercultural and interfaith dialogue among young people;
- Gender Equality: Ensure gender equality and promote equity in policy making and program development for youth;
- Civic Society: Promote the ideals of unity, peace, democracy, sustained and sustainable development and integration.
- Active Members – For registered organizations and/or actively engagement on ground through programs only; Annual dues are mandatory.
- Supporting Members – For organizations and individuals; dues are voluntary and/or negotiated by the General Assembly.
- Honorary Members – For donor (financial or technical) agencies, organizations, and individuals. Dues are voluntary.
Benefits of Membership
- Opportunities of strong networking, mentorship and Capacity building;
- Visibility of organization at a regional and international level through participation in Regional and International programs;
- Fundraising tools and opportunities for projects implementation.
- Open to youth organizations from all sectors across Africa.
Interested applicants are required to complete the online application form to be considered.