Lazord Foundation Fellowship Program 2017/18
Deadline: July 15, 2017
The Lazord partners are pleased to announce the opening of applications to become a 2017-2018 Lazord Fellow. As a Lazord Fellow, you would be joining a multi-dimensional program that seeks to empower its fellows to develop a critical understanding of civic engagement, and improve their leadership and technical skills for their future careers, regardless of the sector. The program achieves its mission through offering mentoring, providing job opportunities in organizations striving to advance the common good, and creating enriched educational opportunities.
The Lazord fellowship has been running since 2010, when it began in Egypt. It currently has chapters in Egypt, Jordan and Tunisia, working with over 50 organizations. The fellowship is a year-long regional program that includes a chance for the chapters and fellows in Egypt, Jordan and Tunisia to meet all together twice a year. After a competitive recruitment effort, fellows are selected in each of the 3 countries and placed for one year in a local organization. The fellows receive trainings provided by the local Lazord representative as well as mentorship to help them realize their full potential as responsible leaders.
If you are a visionary leader, who aims to generate new ideas for social change in areas like education, women’s rights, social entrepreneurship, youth, corporate social responsibility, and human rights, then apply for the Lazord Foundation Fellowship.
- Be hosted for 1 year in a local non-profit organization as a full-time employee;
- Receive a living stipend (based on the country) and a modest housing stipend (based on the fellow’s placement and needs);
- Be offered a minimum of 10 training sessions by influential civil society leaders and professional trainers on an array of topics surrounding civil society, entrepreneurship management, leadership, team building, business skills and much more;
- Receive monthly mentoring sessions with professionals mentors with civil society experience;
- Have networking opportunities with professionals and influential individuals from all sectors – both local and international;
- Males applying from Egypt have to either be exempted from military service, already received the certificate of exemption or be done with their service;
- Attend the annual opening and closing retreats with the regional cohort of fellows from all 3 countries.
- For public universities graduates: Open to all graduates from any branch;
- For private university graduates: need-based scholarship granted for at least 2 years;
- Applicants should have graduated in 2015 or after;
- Have proven record of being civically engaged;
- Be ready to commit to a one year full-time fellowship starting September 2017;
- Be available to attend the annual regional retreat in Jordan from September 16 to September 22;
- Be a resident of the country of the Fellowship you are applying to.
To apply, please contact your local Lazord partner listed below:
- Egypt: Gerhart Center – Rola Tarek – [email protected] – Apply here!
- Jordan: INJAZ – Thourya Ibrahim – [email protected] – Apply here!
- Tunisia: UTIL – Moez Ali – [email protected] – Apply here!
- July 15, 2017: Deadline for fellows
- July 30, 2017: Interviews begin
- August 10-15, 2017: Fellows receive notification of acceptance/rejection
- August 30: Matchmaking process between fellows and host organizations start
- September 17-21, 2017: Annual retreat for fellows
- October 1: Placement starts
- September 2018: End of program
For mre information, visit Lazord Fellowship.