Global Training of Trainers (ToT) on Youth and Peace Building 2017
Deadline: July 20, 2017
Application for Global Training of Trainers (ToT) on Youth and Peace Building 2017 is open now! Rajiv Gandhi National Institute of Youth Development (RGNIYD) Regional Centre, Chandigarh (Ministry of Youth Affairs & Sports, GOVERNMENT OF INDIA) in collaboration with Youth for Peace International (YFPI) & Commonwealth Youth Peace Ambassadors Network (CYPAN) India, is organising a 5 days Global Training of Trainers (ToT) on Youth and Peace Building. The training is scheduled to run from October 3 – 7, 2017 at the RGNIYD Regional Centre, Sector 12, Chandigarh, India.
Trainings of Trainers for young peace builders are not in proportion to a number of prevailing issues. With workshops like this, RGNIYD hopes that the participants and the organisations they represent put in collaborative efforts to combat conflicts. The training shall equip the participants with a strong theoretical understanding of conflicts, practical approaches mixed with peaceful core values to be a better trainer and also substantiate with case studies to help them comprehend the holistic picture of the same. They hope that in course of the sessions and during the breaks, the participants and the facilitators share their anecdotes of peace- making that will inspire and motivate others.
RGNIYD is an Institute of National Importance under the Ministry of Youth Affairs & Sports, Government of India. It has always been motivated to train young persons and interest them in community welfare activities and peaceful coexistence. This training is designed for the current and future trainers, to enable them to train more young people in building peace. Also, the individuals will be recognised as ‘Global Youth Ambassadors for Peace’ after the training.
Cost & Benefits
- There is a fee of USD 100 (to partially cover the food, accommodation and training expenses). Limited need-based full and partial scholarships are available. The fee doesn’t cover travel & visa expenses;
- Participants will be recognised as Global Youth Ambassadors for Peace;
- Additional Benefits for International Participants (on a voluntary basis): Recommendation, selection and 40% scholarship to join another 5 days peace program (Global Peace Fest 2017), close to ToT dates and venue.
- The training is open to young peace builders and trainers from all over the world;
- Particiapnts should be between 18 – 32 years.
Complete the application form. Application closes on July 20, 2017 at 5pm (IST)
For more information, visit Global Training of Trainers (ToT) on Youth and Peace Building.