Queen’s Young Leaders Programme 2018 is Open!
Deadline: August 21, 2017
The search is on! Are you a Queen’s Young Leaders? Applications are now open for the final ever Queen’s Young Leaders Programme. The Queen’s Young Leaders Programme discovers, celebrates and supports exceptional young people from across the commonwealth, leaving lasting legacy for her Majesty the Queen.
In 2014 a search was launched to find exceptional young people to receive the first ever Queen’s Young Leaders Awards. Hundreds of applications flooded in from incredible young people all dedicated to making lasting change in their community and beyond.
The Programme is now in its third year and continues to grow. Last night the Queen’s Young Leaders of 2017 collected their Awards from Her Majesty The Queen at Buckingham Palace, before launching the search for next year’s winners. So if you think you have what it takes, what are you waiting for?
- Mentoring: As a Queen’s Young Leader you will be allocated a mentor with relevant experience and expertise who will support you over the course of the year to continue and develop your work;
- Online learning: Online learning will be provided with materials relevant to your area of interest, as well as serving as a place for you to meet and share experiences and knowledge with other Queen’s Young Leaders. The online training course, ‘Leading Change’ is a year-long programme that leads you through topics including leadership, marketing, management and entrepreneurship as well as those vital skills such as time management, confidence building and stress relief. You’ll speak to experts from around the world and learn from case studies of other global young leaders;
- One-week residential programme in the UK: The 60 Award winners will have the opportunity to meet with inspiring people and visit organisations in the UK that have expertise in areas such as media and communications, social action and advocacy. During this week, Awards will be presented by Her Majesty The Queen at Buckingham Palace.
- Applicants need to have proven experience of working to improve their communities locally, regionally or at a national level and be able to show evidence of their achievements;
- Applicants must be aged between 18 and 29 throughout 2018; your date of birth must fall between 1st January 1989 – 1st January 2000;
- Applicants must be citizens of and working in a Commonwealth country or citizens of an Overseas Territories (of a Commonwealth Member);
- Applicants need to demonstrate evidence of their leadership qualities;
- All applicants need to be supported by a suitable referee (a professional in one of the following occupations; a teacher or counsellor; a registered physician or nurse; a church or community leader; social worker or family services; or business leader). Referees must not be related to you;
- Priority will be given to individuals who have overcome challenges to achieve their goals.
Are you up for this? Apply now!
For more information, visit Queens Young Leaders Programme.