MIT/Harvard ImpactLabs Summer Workshop Nigeria 2017
Deadline: July 7, 2017
Applications are invited for the third edition of the ImpactLabs Summer Workshop! ImpactLabs is an initiative launched by students and graduates of the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) and Harvard University in 2014 when they launched the first summer camp at the University of Lagos. In 2015, they were joined by the Technology Innovation Labs (TIL) of Bells University of Technology, Ota, Nigeria. Their instructors bring varied expertise in engineering design and software. During the camps, the participants gain hands-on experience combining techniques in software and engineering design into real-life technology. The 2017 program will be residential and will take place between August 14-25, 2017 at the University of Benin, Benin, Edo State.
- The workshop is FREE!
- Accommodation and material costs will be provided during the duration of the program. However, the students arranged transportation to and from the University of Benin.
- Applicants must reside in Nigeria;
- Currently in an academic level anywhere between S.S 1 (high school) and 300 level (university);
- All concentrations are welcome. They encourage applicants with some interest in engineering.
- Apply online or download the paper application which should be scanned and emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
- In the application form, they will collect information about you and your familiarity with using basic workshop tools. Please answer honestly – they will not disqualify applicants based on the information.
- You will find some 250-words-or-less essays to write. You may want to prepare your answer first and just copy and paste while filling the form:
- Why are you interested in being a participant of Impact Labs 2017?
- Describe the community you come from. Ex: I come from a family of 4 in Ogun State. At home, I am the eldest daughter which means that I usually…
- If you are given N200,000 today to impact your school, how would you use the money?
- What do you think is the biggest challenge in your community today?
For more information, visit MIT ImpactLabs Summer Workshop.