Rest and Refuge Scholarship for Journalists 2017 (Funded)
Deadline: July 31, 2017
Rest and Refuge Scholarship is a project run by Reporters without Borders Germany and taz Panter Foundation, a non-profit organization linked to die tageszeitung (taz), a daily newspaper in Berlin. They invite two journalists from countries in crisis or war to stay in Berlin. The journalists are offered a time of refuge and rest up to three months. The first journalist will be invited from September to November 2017, the second from March to May 2018. Participants may completely withdraw from public life, use the time for writing or thinking, or they may want to explore political life in Berlin. Off course they would be of help in that.
- Travel expenses, a decent apartment, pocket money and free transportation in Berlin for up to three months will be covered.
- Journalists who need a time out from their difficult working conditions. This might be the case after covering stories in an oppressive environment or after covering stories in war or unrest;
- Journalists who feel the need to lie low awhile and get out of the view of state security because of their journalistic work.
- Please use the application form;
- CV: Please attach a separate PDF-file marked CV- your Name, including examples for published works (links) (Max. two pages)
- Current situation / Why do you need a rest?: Please attach a separate PDF-file marked CURRENT SITUATION- your Name. Describe your situation today. For example:
- Why do you apply for the program?
- How would you like to spend your time in Berlin?
- What kinds of needs do you have? (Medical, psychological treatment, legal advice…) (Max. two pages)
Send the application form and other requested documents to: firstname.lastname@example.org. The deadline for applications is July 31, 2017.
For more information, visit Rest and Refuge Scholarship.