Ila Dalmia FICA Research Grant 2017
Deadline: August 15, 2017
The Foundation for Indian Contemporary Art invites applications for The Ila Dalmia FICA Research Grant 2017. Ila Dalmia FICA Research Grant, which is instituted by FICA with the support of art historian and curator Yashodhara Dalmia in the memory of her sister Ila Dalmia, aims to provide an annual grant to support research on Indian modern and contemporary art. The application is open to individuals who are committed to researching in the field of visual arts with particular focus on Indian modern and contemporary art. This could include important first-hand research and archiving of art and art historical material, or a critical study of Indian art history, art criticism and practice, or an interdisciplinary analysis of the theory and practice in the visual arts, or studies in the related domains of curation, exhibitions, collection and the art economy.
The recipient of the Grant
- Will be expected to complete their research within the one year period of the grant;
- Will have to submit two copies of the completed final research paper, with references, bibliography and other documentation material at the end of the one year to FICA;
- He/she will also to provide two interim reports to share the progress on the project;
- Will be expected to participate in one public presentation of their research. This event will be financed by the Ila Dalmia FICA Committee and organised by FICA;
- Will have to submit a final expense statement with a break-up of the funds received.
- The grant provides a sum of Rs. Two Lakhs and will focus on supporting independent one research project a year by students and scholars in India.
- Applicant should be above 18 years of age at the time of submission of application;
- Applicant should be an Indian citizen;
- Applicant should have a post graduate degree in humanities;
- Applications are open only to individuals;
- The proposal can be part of a larger research project that is currently underway. The applicant must clearly chart out what portion of the research will be undertaken as part of this Grant.
The following materials are needed for a complete application:
- Completed Application Form;
- A Research Proposal (max. 2000 words) that gives a short description of the topic of study, research methodology and key research questions;
- The Bibliography for research. Please include images or videos of works to support your proposal if necessary;
- Recent CV;
- A Complete Budget towards which the grant money will be spent (travel, accommodation, books, photocopying, printing, library fees, etc.);
- Two samples of published papers. You can also send an additional sample of unpublished writing;
- Names of two Referees with their complete contact details – name, position, organisation, telephone, email and postal address.
For more information, visit Ila Dalmia FICA Research Grant.