Schwarzkopf Foundation Travel Grant for trips across Europe 2017
Deadline: August 6, 2017
A new round of travel grants for trips through Europe is now open. Schwarzkopf Stiftung Foundation invites applications from youngsters for its Travel Grant to undertake travel projects in Europe. If you are between 18 and 27 years old and want to explore the continent this autumn, then this is for you!
By awarding travel grants, the Schwarzkopf Foundation aims to get youngsters and young adults interested in Europe. Your journey should be motivated by wanting to explore Europe and the will to personally document your travel experience.
- You get all together 550 euros for your trip, to spend as you choose either on travel tickets, accommodation, or other expenditures related to your travels. You decide how you will spend the grant on your journey.
- You will receive 400 € at the beginning of your journey, and the other 150 € after submitting your travel report.
- In order to receive the grant, you need to sign the terms and conditions related to this call.
- Everyone between the ages of 18 and 27 permanently residing in one of the 47 Council of Europe member states or Kosovo can apply for a travel grant.
- Young people from all backgrounds are encouraged to apply! Especially youngsters from outside bigger cities and from rural areas are encouraged to take part in this call.
- The journey should take place before March 2018 and shouldn’t start later than December 2017.
- You are free to choose your own travel destination(s) but also have to book the necessary accommodations and plan the whole journey by yourself.
- It’s important that you are willing to produce a travel report on a question which is relevant on a European level. You should do your research on one of the following questions:
- The travels should focus on your personal experience in (culturally) new environments.
- What makes you feel welcome in a city and how does a city welcome you?
- How can you meet people in a new city?
- How can you connect with others and seek contact to them?
- What helps you to feel connected to the city?
- Where do you look for information on social events and how do you join them?
- How did you experience the idea of European identity on your trip?
The report can be submitted as a photo report with background information, a video diary, a blog series, or a written report. Your journey should last between three and six weeks. For those enrolled in an internship or traineeship programme Schwarzkopf Foundation offers, if needed, to shorten the travel period to two weeks.
How to Apply
- Fill out this application form.
- Before starting please think about a good topic for your research and also consider what kind of documentation you would like to submit (photos, videos, blog posts etc.). The Schwarzkopf Foundation helps its grant holders to further develop their ideas for the travel reports, but still you shouldn’t underestimate this part of your application because together with your motivation to do the trip, it’s an important criterion that they take into account when choosing the grantees.
- The deadline for applying is August 6th, 2017 at 11:59 pm CEST.
- It is only possible to apply for a travel grant if you have permanent residence in one of the 47 Council of Europe member states or Kosovo.
- The travel grants don’t cover the travel costs of conferences, language courses or traineeships, but only for travel projects in Europe.
- You should travel alone, since they don’t issue travel grants to working pairs or groups.
- The Schwarzkopf Foundation strongly advises all grantees to have a valid health and travel insurance before entering the planned trip.
If you have any open questions, please contact Brian Buhrke at b.buhrke(a)schwarzkopf-stiftung.de.
For more information, visit Schwarzkopf Foundation Travel Grants.