SouthMed WiA Grants for Women Filmmakers in MENA 2017
Deadline: September 15, 2017
SouthMed WiA, a project funded by the European Union within the framework of the regional program Med Film, launches its first call for proposals. SouthMed WiA aims to strengthen the capacities of female professionals and operators of the audiovisual sector in seven countries of the Southern Mediterranean, Algeria, Egypt, Jordan, Lebanon, Morocco, Palestine, Tunisia and to contribute to sustainable development and cultural diversity by enhancing the image of women in the film sector.
The goal is to support projects addressing weaknesses and issues related to gender equality. Two calls for proposals will be launched, in June 2017 and in February 2018, with the objective to support projects implemented by organizations active in the audiovisual sector in the Southern Mediterranean region. The projects will be selected based on their potential to contribute to enhancing the participation female audiovisual professionals on local, regional and national scales and the image of women in audiovisual products. Beneficiaries awarded a grant in the first call for proposals will be eligible to apply for the second call after finalizing their project.
- Grants will vary between EUR80,000 (US$91,598) and EUR100,000 (US$114,498).
- Women audiovisual professionals in Algeria, Egypt, Jordan, Lebanon, Morocco, Palestine and Tunisia are encouraged to apply for this program;
- Applications must involve at least two partners: one of the partners shall act as lead applicant and the other(s) as co-applicant(s);
- Applicants must be established in the seven targeted countries;
- Applicants must be legally registered organizations, i. e. non-profit organisations, public body, local authorities, SMEs or other economic operators working in the film or audiovisual sector as their professional core activity;
- Lead applicants must be directly responsible for the preparation and management of the project proposal with their partners, not acting as an intermediary;
- Lead applicants must have a valid bank account registered under their legal name.
- All applications must be submitted in English, the official language of SouthMed WiA. All official documents submitted in Arabic must include a translation into English or French;
- Projects shall allocate 12.5% of the grant to activities related to mobility and capacity building, including the attendance of minimum two representatives to networking events and trainings across the region and/or other countries in Europe, which will be coordinated by SouthMed WiA team throughout the project implementation;
- All applications must have an external audit assigned to the project proposal and forecast 2.5% of the total budget to this end. The total cost of the audit shall no exceed 3000 EUR.
- Complete the online application form. Fields marked with the asterisk (*) sign are mandatory. Your application can not be submitted if any of these fields are left empty;
- Please adhere to the stated minimum and maximum number of words assigned to the fields in the form. Submitting the application with uploads included may take some time. Please do not close your browser before you are notified that the application was sent.
For more information, visit SouthMed WiA Grants for Women Filmmakers.