Deadline: August 14, 2017
Are you passionate about inclusion? Apply now to be a 6 Degrees Junior Fellow. 6 Degrees and the Institute for Canadian Citizenship (ICC) launched the 6 Degrees Junior Fellowship, creating a special opportunity for young leaders to make a change in their own community through the creation and implementation of projects on inclusion and citizenship.
The purpose of the 6 Degrees Junior Fellowship is to identify, select, and recognize young individuals who have made a clear commitment to fostering inclusion in their respective communities through groundbreaking projects. The fellowship lasts six months, during which fellows are expected to bring that project to fruition.
Fundamentally, the 6 Degrees Junior Fellowship is about connecting young leaders who are dedicated to building truly inclusive communities around the world. More than anything else, the Junior Fellows are both the legacy and the future of 6 Degrees. They represent the seeds that are planted annually at each 6 Degrees Citizen Space. And with their leadership, they embody the optimism that inclusion needs in order to blossom into a reality.
Through the 6 Degrees Junior Fellowship, each fellow will receive a $2,000 CAD grant to provide material support for their project. They will also be invited to attend 6 Degrees Citizen Space 2017 in Toronto, with costs covered by 6 Degrees. During their time in Toronto, fellows will benefit from invaluable mentoring, networking, and project development opportunities.
The incoming cohort of 6 Degrees Junior Fellows will also benefit from:
- Developing their leadership capacity in an environment that welcomes risk-taking and innovation;
- Celebrating the necessity for, and urgency of, inclusion in an unsettled age;
- Workshopping community projects under the guidance of 6 Degrees staff;
- Engaging with experienced mentors who are committed to equipping the next generation of leaders with the perspective necessary for success;
- Building their global professional network with like-minded peers who share their dedication to inclusion and citizenship; and,
- Participating in 6 Degrees Citizen Space 2017, a global hub connecting thinkers and doers who are committed to driving the global conversation on inclusion and citizenship.
- Fellowship is open to young leaders around the world. The 6 Degrees Junior Fellowship does not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender expression, or marital status;
- 6 Degrees welcomes applicants from all backgrounds and fields, including active community members, artists, academics, policymakers, educators, and corporate professionals working on inclusion and citizenship;
- This program is designed to support emerging leaders and their projects, therefore they invite applications from individuals under the age of 30 (born on or after September 25, 1987).
The application deadline is August 14, 2017 at 12:00 PM Eastern Daylight Time. Late applications will not be accepted. Successful applicants will be notified by late August.
If you have any questions, please contact 6 Degrees staff at [email protected].
For more information, visit 6 Degrees Junior Fellowship.