Enter the #BuiltByGirls Challenge 2017 (Winners receive $10,000 + More)
Deadline: August 11, 2017
#BuiltByGirls is accepting submission of projects, ranging from mobile apps to robotics, from teams of up to four (4) girls to compete in the #BuiltByGirls Challenge 2017. This competition is for girls building a technology product that has potential to succeed in the business world. #BUILTBYGIRLS is looking for the next wave of startup founders and change-makers. Are you building a mobile app, hardware device, robotics project, game, or something no one has invented yet? Does it have the potential to succeed in the real world?
Wow #BuiltByGirls with your product concept, designs and working prototype for the chance to win $10,000. Finalists will get the trip of a lifetime to San Francisco to pitch in front of expert girl judges, tech moguls and industry experts. Are you ready to build the next big startup?
Entrants must submit a tech project idea or product (either built out or in the process of being built out) in one of the following categories:
- Mobile apps
- Physical computing
- Finalists are flown out to San Francisco for Pitch Day + the TechCrunch Disrupt Hackathon. Winners receive $10,000, mentorship + a booth at TC Disrupt.
- Open to legal residents of the 50 United States (and the District of Columbia) in teams of up to 4 girls between the ages of 13 (thirteen) and 18 (eighteen);
- Partcipants should be able to travel to San Francisco from September 14 – 20, 2017;
- Employees of AOL Inc. and its parent company, and their respective subsidiaries, affiliates, licensees, distributors, divisions and agencies, as well as the immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings and children) and household members (whether related or not) of each such employee, are not eligible.
- Innovation: What is new or innovative about your product compared with what exists today?
- Potential: Does your product have what it takes to be used by hundreds of thousands of real users?
- Creativity: How creatively did your team approach a problem in the market and solve it?
- Technology: How does technology enable or enhance the solution you’ve built?
- Submit your application and presentation here. Application deadline is August 11, 2017 at 11:59pm EST;
- The submission must include the following: a tech project idea or product and PowerPoint presentation about the project and a 2-minute video about the project (optional);
- All submissions must be 100% your own original work and ideas, and must not infringe on or violate any intellectual property rights, including but not limited to, patents, trademarks, design rights, copyrights, database rights, trade secrets, moral rights, and other proprietary rights and all rights of an equivalent nature anywhere in the world.
For more information, visit #BuiltByGirls Challenge.