Norbert Zongo Investigative Journalism Award 2017
Deadline: August 30, 2017
The Norbert Zongo investigative prize is an award of excellence to reward the best works of investigative journalism. The Prize is opened to all the professional journalists of Africa regularly employed in press or collaborating with African press. The Norbert Zongo Prize aims to promote a journalism of investigation and research, on subjects related to the political, economic, social and cultural life of the country, and to encourage talent and excellency.
The competition will be in three categories: News Papers, Radio and Television.
- Newspapers – send the original and a copy of the story;
- Television – send 2 DVD copies of the story or a file;
- Radio – send 2 audio CDs of the story or a file.
- The winner of every category will receive a diploma, a trophy and One Million CFA francs (1.000.000 CFA);
- First price of any category: The “GOLD SEBGO” 2013;
- The jury will attribute the award of excellence: SEBGO GOLD (pen name of Norbert Zongo) to the best work of the three awards. The winner will receive an additional sum of One million CFA Francs, a diploma and a trophy symbolizing “SEBGO GOLD.”
- The Prize is opened to all the journalists of Africa;
- The candidates must be regularly employed in a news agency or regularly collaborating with African Medias. Applications are open to works in categories of print media, radio and television.
Candidates will be selected based on the following:
- The professionalism of the author (through the respect of deontology);
- “Search for information” strategies;
- Relevance and originality of the covered subject;
- Interest of topic approached (can it be exploited);
- Evidence of the difficulties encountered by the author (checking the various sources of information for reliability);
- The editorial style (concrete, lively and accessible to everyone).
The application must include:
- A declaration of candidature on a plain paper with a complete indication of the identity of the candidate (last name, first names, pseudonym);
- A certificate of the media confirming your membership or his collaboration with the media which have published his work;
- A C.V of the candidate, bearing your photograph;
- A handwritten and signed declaration authorizing the Norbert Zongo National Press Center to use his name, his voice, his images and the whole of the work in case he is a winner, without any compensation and on all media supports, within the framework of publicity and public relations or information on the Prize.
The works in French or English can be sent by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com and originals by regular post, the postmark authentic.
For more information, visit Norbert Zongo Investigative Journalism Award.