UNAOC Communications and Programme Internship 2017 – New York, USA (Stipend Available)
Deadline: August 31, 2017
Applications are invited for the UNAOC Communications and Programme Internship. The internship offers the opportunity to young professionals to contribute to the work done by the UNAOC. They are placed at the UNAOC Headquarter in New York, USA for 3 months. This internship is not designed to lead to a staff position with UNOPS. Therefore, there should be no expectation of employment at the end of the internship.
The United Nations Alliance of Civilizations, an initiative of the Secretary-General of the United Nations, responds to a broad consensus across nations, cultures and religions that all societies are interdependent, bound together in their development and security, and in their environmental, economic and financial well-being. The Alliance seeks to forge collective political will and to mobilize concerted action at the institutional and civil society levels to overcome the prejudice, misperceptions and polarization that militate against such a consensus. The Alliance contributes to a global movement that rejects violent extremism.
- Contribute to the writing, editing, proofreading, production, and updating of electronic and printed materials
- Assist with design, editing, and production of graphic materials to support online and offline communications
- Assist with publishing articles, press releases, photos, graphics and multimedia elements in the UNAOC website and other digital assets
- Support communications projects as they arise, including conducting research and summarizing relevant information
- Provide general administrative support including taking meeting minutes, setting up meetings and conference calls, etc.
- Interns may be eligible for a monthly stipend from UNOPS provided that they do not receive funds from other institutions;
- Further, UNOPS may provide a one time travel lumpsum of 500 USD. However, they must make their own arrangements for accommodation, travel and necessary visa arrangements.
- Candidate should have a Bachelor’s Degree, graduated within three years prior to the application date of the internship;
- Possess relevant experience in communications;
- Excellent writing, editing, and proofreading skills, and experience in developing different types of content for different audiences and mediums;
- Strong graphic design and layout skills, including familiarity with Adobe Illustrator, Adobe InDesign, and Adobe Photoshop. Proficiency in Adobe Lightroom and/or Adobe After Effects would be a plus;
- Basic HTML knowledge required;
- Experience with WordPress is necessary;
- Experience with other Content Management Systems (e.g. Drupal) is a bonus;
- Ability to work independently on a number of separate, simultaneous tasks;
- Excellent attention to detail;
- Strong research skills and proficiency in drawing relevant information from technical content;
- Full command of Microsoft Office suite of products;
- Plugged into the social media landscape;
- Interested in global media and global migration;
- A good understanding of the UN system and commitment to the UN mission;
- Fluency in English and knowledge of another UN language(s) is a plus.
Applications to vacancies must be received before midnight Copenhagen time (CET) on the closing date of the announcement.
For more information, visit UNAOC Communications and Programme Internship.