Enter the World In Focus Contest 2017 (Four Winners receive $100 each)
Deadline: September 10, 2017
Submit entries for the World In Focus Contest 2017. The contest is an international writing and art contest inspired by one of the three prompts of World In Focus. Participants submit a piece of creative work for a chance to win one of four $100 prizes as determined by the judges. A number of selected submissions will be published in an anthology, showcasing their work to a global audience.
The objectives of the contest are:
- To promote awareness of the vision problems individuals in third-world countries may face on a daily basis, due to their difficulty in accessing resources and care
- To promote outreach in the youth community by allowing them to reflect on the topic of sight and its importance
- To encourage youth to express their creativity, individuality and talents on a global stage
- Entries in each category will be split among two groups:
- Group 1: Ages 10-14
- Group 2: Ages 15-18
- Winners from each group and category will receive a $100 CAD prize, totaling to 4 winners overall.
- Artwork: 8 1/2 inches by 11 inches preferred. Original work must be submitted.
- Digital Artwork: 8 1/2 inches by 11 inches preferred. No images from Google Images. High resolution – minimum of 300 dpi is required for 8 inches by 10 inches or 2400 pixels by 3000 pixels.
- Photography: High resolution – minimum of 300 dpi is required for 8 inches by 10 inches or 2400 pixels by 3000 pixels.
- Writing: Maximum of 1000 words, typed, pdf.
- Visual Arts: please attach an optional 100-word rationale.
- Submit your work here!
- All submissions will be accepted and free (as long as they are from youth under the age of 18)
- Once submission deadlines pass, a panel will judge entries keeping in mind their age
- All selected individuals will be published in an anthology
For more information, visit World In Focus Contest.