Data Journalist Needed at The Times and The Sunday Times (London)
Deadline: September 10, 2017
Do you want to work for one of the world’s most exciting, challenging and creative media organizations? Then apply to be a data journalist at The Times and the Sunday Times in London.
The Times and The Sunday Times are looking for a data journalist skilled in computational methods to join the newsroom and help carry out investigations, using computing and working with reporters and editors to turn data into compelling stories in the public interest.
News UK is a great company full of talented, dedicated and creative people. They are a company which has journalism at its very heart. The News UK newspapers and associated websites, such as The Times and the Sunday Times, are some of the most powerful media brands in the English speaking world, reaching 30 million people each week.
- You will have the opportunity to continuously develop your skills and to share your knowledge.
- Beyond data expertise and the ability to deliver rigorous research, you will also be comfortable working to deadlines and in partnership with reporters and editors.
- The successful candidate will be part of a team that breaks exclusive stories and pioneers computer-assisted reporting techniques in two newsrooms with proud histories of investigative journalism.
- You can read more interesting benefits on the benefits page.
Applications are open for data journalists who:
- Have training or experience in journalism (e.g. news writing, media law, investigative research).
- Demonstrable interest in public interest journalism and UK current affairs.
- Will work with the team to generate story ideas.
- Will pitch, research and write investigations.
- Will assist reporters with data journalism techniques across all subjects.
- Will build contacts and collaborate inside and outside the newsroom.
- Have proficiency using one or more programming languages, such as Python, R or SQL, for data collection and analysis.
- Have awareness of statistical methods.
- Have experience working for a national publication.
- Have acquired an undergraduate degree.
- Apply with a cover letter and CV on the application page.
For more information, visit News UK.