International Student Travel Video Contest 2017 (Win $4,000 for a Special Trip)
Deadline: October 13, 2017
The 2017 Travel Video Contest is now open, get your camera ready! InternationalStudent.com is hosting its Travel Video Contest, which means that it’s your chance to win $4,000! The contest is now in its 12th year and they are giving international students and travelers, the opportunity to showcase their creativity and explain why they want to study abroad or take a specific trip during their international studies.
If you want to be an international student or are currently one and want to take a special trip, then this contest is for you. Create and submit an original video to be considered for their $4,000 grand prize!
There is a grand prize of $4,000 for the winner.
Eligibility and Rules
- You must be 18 or older
- You must be already enrolled or planning to enroll in college or university outside of your home country.
- If you are currently studying outside of your home country, your video must describe any trip you would like to take. If you are not currently studying outside of your home country, your entry must describe your proposed study abroad.
- Your video must be created specifically for the current InternationalStudent.com Travel Video Contest.
- The maximum length for your video is 4 minutes. There is no minimum length.
- The winner will book all his or her own flights and other travel arrangements.
- The winner will be expected to maintain a blog documenting the trip. This blog will start immediately after the winner is announced, and will continue through the trip until return to school. Contributions are expected at least once a week during the preparation for the trip and daily during the trip.
- Cheating during voting for the viewers’ choice winner is grounds for contest elimination. This includes copying and pasting email addresses (even if they’re real email addresses of friends and family). Each vote must come directly from your friends and family.
- Originality and interest level in the trip, and creativity and quality of the video, are the main criteria. Click here to see previous year’s winning videos Use these past year videos to get an idea of what it takes to win, and the variety of videos out there. But don’t just copy their ideas – we have seen every video many times, and we know when an idea is not original!
How to Enter
- You will need to create a 4-minute video.
- After you have completed your video, complete the online entry form by 13 October 2017. Your video can be housed on Youtube or Vimeo. If your video requires a password you must include this on your form.
- On the entry form you will need to include the link to your video.
- Contest Officially Opens: 1 September 2017
- Final Submission Deadline: 13 October 2017
- Finalists Announced: Week of 6 November 2017
- Winners Announced: 17 November 2017, the last day of International Education Week
- Be creative! Use titles that are unique to you and your video. Instead of including words like “Dream & Journey” in your title, use something more imaginative and characteristic of your video. This will help you stand out from the crowd and get noticed.
- Produce a high quality video, HD preferred. If you have a great story to tell but we’re not able to see what’s happening in your video, it won’t get the attention it may deserve.
- Record the best quality sound possible. If you can’t be heard or understood, we won’t know how great your video is! Test the sound before you start filming and periodically throughout.
- Your video should tell a story and be made for this contest (yes, our judges are able to tell when it’s not made exclusively for us). From the official rules: If you are currently studying outside of your home country, your video can describe any trip you would like to take. If you are not currently studying outside of your home country, your entry must describe your proposed study abroad.
- Stay honest. Cheating during voting will not be tolerated, this includes submitting votes using the email address of friends without their consent, or email addresses created specifically for this contest. If you want your friends to vote for you make sure you tell them to visit and vote. The best way to share your video details is through email and social media.
- The maximum time of your video is 4 minutes, but that doesn’t mean your video must be 4 minutes long- there is not a minimum length. If you can tell your story in less than 4 minutes, don’t drag it out!
Check out our past winners, but make sure you don’t recycle their ideas!
For more information, visit 2017 International Student Travel Video Contest.