Barclays Tertiary Education Scholarship Programme 2018 for Ghanaians
Deadline: September 22, 2017
As part of Barclays Bank Ghana’s Shared Growth programme, University of Professional Studies invites applications from students under the Barclays Tertiary Education Scholarship. This is a collaborative effort between Barclays Bank Ghana and the University and it is to further support Barclays Bank’s commitment to unlocking societal challenges whiles contributing to the economic growth of the country. Education and Skills Development forms one of the three pillars of Barclays Bank’s Shared Growth agenda; under which is their Readytowork skills training for young persons in tertiary institutions and the Tertiary Education Scholarship.
The scholarship program aims to
- Support students with funding challenges;
- Encourage and support students pursuing programmes that are key to government and national development agenda;
- Support and deepen relationship with tertiary institutions.
- Applicant must be Ghanaian;
- Must be a continuing student of UPSA (Level 200 – 400);
- Must have excellent academic record – a GPA of 3.0 and above;
- Must be able to demonstrate financial need;
- Must add a statement of intent (Essay);
- Must fill an application form;
- Must provide two referees, one from your Faculty.
- Tenure of scholarship for beneficiary student is for one academic year renewable. Selection for the next academic year scholarship however is not an automatic guarantee;
- Student beneficiaries will need to open a Barclays Ignition Account (Student Account) into which funds will be disbursed.
- Download the application form, print and submit a completed application form with all supporting documents to the Financial Aid Unit (FAU), Room 108, LBC.
- Only shortlisted applicants will be interviewed.
For any question, kindly contact Mrs. Vivian Nettey on 0277489664 or 0265504937
For more information, visit Barclays Tertiary Scholarship.